It WAS...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44638, 30 Apr 2017.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

.​

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Jun 2020
  2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Try down clocking the VRAM and see if it continues. That's when I get those kinds of errors on my cards.

3. RagingMadman

RagingMadman What's a Dremel?

Try a clean install? I've had BSOD issues with AMD beta drivers in the past that no amount of anything fixed except doing a clean install all together. The other option would be that you do have an intel system so try running the igpu for a few and see if you still have the BSOD issues?

4. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

as a suggestion : take the side of the case off and point a domestic house fan in it... I know it's not long term.... just see if the issue utterly goes away with a few thousand cubic metres of fresh air per minute ;-)

If it does at least you know it's heat and maybe someone else can use the card in a diff PC with more airflow to test it for you?

From memory that card used up to 140W, and that's a fair amount of heat. That 1050 will use max of 75W I think so it'll be a lot cooler and less of a drain on the PSU

5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thanks for following up on this, we can now breathe a collective sigh of relief. Dead GPU fans, dammit