1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding HDD enclosure

Discussion in 'Modding' started by best49erfan, 8 Oct 2003.

1. best49erfan

best49erfan What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know of a good Removable hard drive enclosure? I am looking for one that fits in a 5.25" bay and preferably with an aluminum skin and a key lock.

2. ShagBeard

ShagBeard What's a Dremel?

here is the one that im really looking at. all aluminum and key lockable.

dealsonic has a bunch of mobile racks to choose from.

3. best49erfan

4. ShagBeard

ShagBeard What's a Dremel?

that one is pretty swank too. i just showed you the black one becuase i think it will go best with the case i want to build and it is all aluminum. you never know, as things change i may go with the silver one too. i really like it as well. if you order, let us know how smoothly it went, ive never ordered from dealsonic.

5. xfile69

xfile69 What's a Dremel?

Just don't go with the cheap ones if you change your mind btw. Save up and buy the good ones. I myself have some of the cheap ones on my computer, and they tend to break, just hard to move, and sometimes don't lock in all the way. Shoot i hot wierd mine so that it allways on, got tierd of having to find that damn key. Going to by a switch for now, to turn it off when no hard drive not in there but it fine, doesn't hurt the computer. I myself going to replace it with the ones that has the display of temp for atleast one of them. As for color that really shouldn't be an issue to easy to mod it to the color you want now and later any way. With that new fusion plastic paint spose to work wonders with plastic.

6. best49erfan

thanks i will keep that in mind...