1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Keycode lock

Discussion in 'Modding' started by pranks7er, 3 Oct 2003.

1. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

:D just realised that my mobo supports switching on when you enter a code into your keyboard :rock: :rock:, now when i enter in a 5 character code into the keyboard the computer will switch on!!! :D

2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

rauter or rauter mods did this...expect he used a programmable keypad to open move a solenoid that would unlock a cabinet his pc was in.. I believe he got the kit from a store that sells electronics kits like that, and it cost a few bucks and a lil bit of soldering.. but its feasible

3. Foolio882

Foolio882 What's a Dremel?

You could just rewire/build a keyboard so it had 10 keys which the user would see as 10 numbers, enter, and backspace. You could then set a passward of gibberish for the computer, and that would correspond to numbers on the keypad. Thus, you could boot up, then at the login screen you type in the "Passcode" and you get in. If it doesnt work for some reason you can still use the regular keyboard, and you can also change the password at a moments notice!

4. Amoeba86

Amoeba86 What's a Dremel?

5. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

6. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

what we need is someone to put a code/swipecard/fingerprint scanner into a case as a power button. Or one that will only work with the card inserted. IE it wont come out of screen saver, or boot without it.

7. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Now that would be kool and have a speaker to say access denied and access granted or welcome back "name"

8. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Yeah in a foxy chicks voice, now that would be kool.

9. the tuning guy

the tuning guy What's a Dremel?

you should try to look in the October 2003 PcUpgrade. They show how to do a computer with a eye scan webcam and a fingerprint mouse

10. Twinsen

Twinsen What's a Dremel?