1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Steam Controller or Xbox one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldstar0011, 26 Jul 2017.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Howdy

Has anyone got any suggestions on whether I should get a Steam controller or Bluetooth xbox one controller for my Steam link and PC use?

I already use a non Bluetooth xbox one pad on the PC for certain games so I know I'd be fine on the link, I know some games are supported my either (like Down of War that I play) but I can live with that.

Cheers

2. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Depends how many games you play that will benefit from touchpad. It's a bit bulky otherwise, and I tend to prefer my PS3 controllers for most of my usage.

If you go for the Steam controller, note that they are massively discounted at stores like GAME when they go on sale on Steam, so that's the best time to pick one up.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I did think it looked bulky, I would imagine it'd be handy on some games but can't think of many.
    I already have 2 1st Gen xbox one pads, if I can sell one and buy a Bluetooth one I might just do that and watch for a discontinued steam controller