1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Psu Sleeving Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by NeWbIeMoDDer252, 10 Oct 2003.

1. NeWbIeMoDDer252

NeWbIeMoDDer252 What's a Dremel?

hey guys im sleeving my PSU right now with silver sleeving, black heatshrink, and blak molex connecters!!

well, i completed one soo far with 3 molex connecters on it.
    I just started to do what i think is the P4 connection for the mobo. I was using one of those really small screw drivers (ones for eye glasses) well i guess even that was too big to fit in there and when i put it in and tried to push the tab in it just snaped! Half of the screwdriver is stuck in there and there is NO way to get it out! I have a ATX motherboard so i dont need the P4 connecter and i dont want a P4 anyday soon! soo i was wondering since i cant get that wire out and i cant get the sleeving on can i just cut the wire?? whould it make a difference in anythything? Whould the computer still turn on? If i can cut it do i have to cover what left of the wire with tape or sumthin? Thanks for your help guys! respond very soon please I want to finnish my mod it looks sweet soo far :dremel: :rock:

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

If you dont use it simply cut it off and heat shrink the ends of each cable.

you _COULD_ cut it off inside the PSU but just be careful if you do so as they hold leathal voltages and we wont be held responsable :D

3. NeWbIeMoDDer252

soo if i cut it off inside the PSU all i gota do is put a little heatshrink on it?

thanks alot bud im gonna go do that right now :)

oh and if u guys dont here from me again thats means i gota a little shock :waah: :jawdrop: :dremel: :thumb: :clap: :rock:

4. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

You can certainly cut it off. Here's what I did to mine. I actually put both the AUX and P4 cables together and cut them off and added one big molex plug to connect them back on if I ever happen to need them. :thumb:

5. NeWbIeMoDDer252

and can i just cut it was a razor blad or a pair of sissors?

6. Twernmilt

Twernmilt What's a Dremel?

i would use scissors or wire cutters. also an added benifit is that it makes you cables look much more clean. and if you ever need them back i hope you know how to solder.

7. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

If you are brave, you can desolder them for the PCB on the PSU. That's what I'd do, as it's not that hard for anyone with any soldering expirence.

8. Twernmilt

^ i agree, thats what I did

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

/me ponders.. how did it go in the end? manage to sort it out?

10. NeWbIeMoDDer252

thanks guys, i cut the wire and finnished most of it up but i still got one problem. Im trying to sleeve the ATX wire now but my screwdriver is too big for it (just like the P4 one too) what should i use?? I tried a staple but it isnt strong enought and i tried a paper clip and that still wasnt strong enough! I remember seeing an ATX thingy that help u take the wires out (just like the one for the molex connecters) can u help me find where to find one. thanks

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

just one little question: to you try to pull the wire out at the same time as you try to push in the tab?

if you do this you won't be able to push it in...

try to push the wire a little INTO the plug as you try to push in the tab.. that way you know the tab don't stick in the body of the plug...

eh... that was hard to explain...

12. NeWbIeMoDDer252

ok but what should i use to do this?? my mini screwdriver isnt mini enought to fit in there. staples and paperclips arn't strong enought eather

13. Gamblor

Gamblor What's a Dremel?

some AMD motherboards use it like the NF7-s

14. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

i used a relatively thick needle to get them out
    or the pin backign on most badges work..

15. Crass

Crass What's a Dremel?

Get your self a molex remover tool. Aint got no link for it, but im sure you know what im talking about. :naughty:

16. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

i use needles or paperclips... they SHOULD be strong enough if you don't try to pull out the wire at the same time as you push in the tabs...

17. Twernmilt

18. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

Go raid your wife's/mother's/girlfriend's sewing stuff and get a denim needle. It is small yet tough.

19. luvbug

luvbug What's a Dremel?

safety pin....