1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ NZXT S340 Elite ROG Edition

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TheDutchmanModifies, 22 Sep 2017.

1. TheDutchmanModifies

TheDutchmanModifies What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

I thought it would be cool to share the pics and progress of my personal rig :).

◾️Case: NZXT S340 Elite
    ◾️Mobo: Asus Z270-A Prime
    ◾️CPU: Intel i7 6700K
    ◾️RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @3200mhz
    ◾️GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080ti
    ◾️Cooling: Corsair H115i
    ◾️Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
    ◾️PSU: Corsair HX850i

◾️Coolermaster Vertical GPU Bracket
    ◾️Cablemod custom Modmesh cables
    ◾️Cablemod RGB/W Hybrid ledstrip 60CM
    ◾️Cablemod Modwrap

[​IMG]

As you've probably noticed already I'm quite a big fan of Asus :D

This was practically my first true casemod. I'm a big fan of clean looking systems, so I did my best to make my build as clean as possible. The colored parts on the front of the case were handcut with the Dremel Moto-saw. The Corsair logo and the ''Rebublic of gamers'' on the PSU shroud were cut by hand with an exactoknife. The fans are custom painted Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions.

I'll start with the final result pictures:

The Custom Cablemod (Modmesh) cables and the AIO Modwrap truly made the build shine :).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Now it's time to tell something about the proces! :)

It all started with the design, which was drawn in Sketchup.
    [​IMG]

This was the first time using my Dremel Moto-saw, I enjoyed working with it very much. The cuts were very accurate and the machine was easy to work with.
    [​IMG]

These were the first cuts I made. Not bad for a first try I guess.
    [​IMG]

After all of the cuts were done the black parts got a paintjob
    [​IMG]

And so did the red parts
    [​IMG]

The whole picture looked like this, and I coudln't be happier :)
    [​IMG]

After the frontplate was finished I started on the fan paintjobs. I made a little tutorial on that can be seen under here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Tutorial can be found here:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the time came to make the PSU shroud cover. The first try wasn't good enough IMO, so I made a new one later on. First-Second down below. Both tries were handcut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At last I modded the Strix 1080ti to fit the theme better.
    On the back of the fanshroud you can see the molten attachment points which keep the 6 smaller pieces in place.
    [​IMG]

I found that the molten pieces whould be drilled in with a 4mm drill, 3ish mm deep. Then you should be able to whip the parts off with a flathad screwdriver.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After getting all the pieces off it's a matter of spraying the parts with the color you'd want them to be.
    A bit of rain won't stop me from modding!
    [​IMG]

It turned out pretty well :). Well applied hotglue will hold it in place well enough.
    [​IMG]

The new Cablemod cables deserved some serious attention on the cablemanagement. I cut a part off the S340 Elite's Cablemanagement bar's bottom part. Using the Dremel 4000, 175 Watts that get through the steel with ease.
    [​IMG]

I used Nanoxia's cablecombs to rout them perfectly down the line
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a wonderful time working on this project. I hope you enjoyed reading through this buildlog :).
    If you have any other questions regarding this mod, don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards, Ruben - TheDutchmanModifies

[​IMG]

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nicely done. Welcome to Bit.:D

3. TheDutchmanModifies

TheDutchmanModifies What's a Dremel?

Thanks! :D