1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Cuphead

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 1 Oct 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Mainly known for its delays (and a games journalist failing at the tutorial), Cuphead is finally out now on Steam, Xbox One and Windows 10!

Official Blurb:

The all-cartoon Magical Wondergame!

Cuphead is a classic run and gun action game heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e. traditional hand drawn cel animation, watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings.

Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or local co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets while you try to pay your debt back to the devil!

I've been watching my friend stream Cuphead for the last couple of days and the game is amazing! So many puns too :hehe: It's pretty challenging on Regular difficulty for some fights and then Expert mode just makes some of them insane! To me, this is a great example of why delays are not always a bad thing. Originally the game was just boss fights, that didn't go down too well so they went back and stitched everything together and it's great. Really great. The art style is stunning and the soundtrack is soooo good! Worth getting even if, like me, you'd be rubbish at the game :happy:

official site | steam | GoG | Xbox/Win10 | YouTube | facebook | twitter

Guest-16 likes this.
  2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've been waiting for this game to come out since I first time they showed a trailer at E3. Glad to know it's pretty good then.

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's incredibly creative. Not just the art-style and bonus visual/audio styles, but the fights all have unique moves. It's really very well done indeed and pretty amazing that they did it in the time even with the delays! My friend finished the game on expert last night, unsure if he's going to try and S-rank all the bosses, but I think he might just as an excuse to play the game some more :hehe:

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Instant buy

Hex likes this.
  5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Potential GOTY for me. It's hard and it doesn't bulk out the game with rubbish because of its misgivings, it's just Cuphead. Gameplay is tight, the challenge is both unforgiving but fair and you never feel like it's the game's fault you failed. The Design and Soundtrack are amazingly well detailed in the effect it's attempting. It has that 1930's feel and it's very menacing in its presentation.

Good god it's hard, and it can be completed in a day, but you likely won't complete it that fast. What it does it does perfectly and the only criticism is that it is just slightly too short, but the difficulty and replayability to do things better makes up for it. A good 9/10 for me. Not a BS score, it's a nearly perfect game.

Hex likes this.
  6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's ****ing brutal. First mission and it's tough as nails - I was expecting a little more 'get into it' but no, pull your socks up sunshine.
    It's finally made me need to retire my ageing 360 controller, but I'm not sure upgrading to an Elite is worth it just to complete this..

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

This games lives up to expectations in style and difficulty.
    I managed a perfect on the first boss and -A on the first run and gun.
    Haven't beaten anything else yet.

8. K4torz

K4torz What's a Dremel?

Got to play this with a friend.... he's no longer my friend.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Bought it but not had a chance to play much since my nephew has commandeered my Live account to play it all weekend.
    From what I have played of it, it is insanely hard (although the easiest fight is the Sunflower, but that's only because of the glitch that freezes it in place if
    you jump into the seeds before he throws them
    )

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

That depends. I already seen someone go through the game in 1 hour 24 minutes. On a DDR dancepad.