1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU lmfao

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 27 Nov 2017.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Intel are a absolute mess at the moment.

I want to build a 8400 rig and as such I don't need a Z series motherboard.

Now 8400 prices are stupid, in short supply and no H series stuff till new year.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did they not just go on a campaign saying more cores don't matter or am I missing something. Looks like a 9th gen i3 could be on par or even better than my 4770k. Interesting times. Intel may have to be careful how they manoeuvre through this.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Yawn. Intel in a messy state, again... nothing to see here. :D

Now they're also going to try to bring an 8 core to their supposed lower tier market, which even further destroys any point of X299 below the 10 core count, not that there is one with its stupid PCI-E lane allocation and lack of basically everything that TR offers at a lower price. :D

5. Vault-Tec

Yup. Every step they make toward updating their desktop structure eats a hole in their HEDT. Stupidity tbh. They may as well have just done away with one completely and stuck to a single format. They really don't need all of those products IMO it's ridiculous.

6. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

To be fair guys we are talking about the same Intel that thought the next great thing would be overclockable SSD's.

"Yeah, we know they are prone to chronic data loss but they're overclockable..."

I think we should be past the method in the madness by now.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2017
  7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It's Intel, though. They have been able to get away with it for so long and aren't waking up to the fact that you can get everything in one platform from their competitor.

Bring on Zen+ ... I cannot wait to see them **** their pants even harder. :lol:

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Doesn't matter how many cores a CPU has, if nobody can afford the RAM to build a rig around it... :wallbash:

Sentinel-R1 and MLyons like this.
  9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Or motherboard

10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yep, the very same kit of RAM I paid £68.42 inc. VAT for last year is now £178.30.... It's just absolutely ridiculous. Nearly triple the original cost.

11. Vault-Tec

I stopped looking at the prices a while ago now. It was getting scary then. I recall paying about £70 for 8gb when it first came out, though. Still, I got my 16gb set now and there's no point it being faster than the 2133 it is because I'm using a Xeon. Lucked out on the Klevv 2133 DDR3 in my other rig and that'll do for me.

12. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I remember when 8GB of ddr was under 25 quid

Absolutely crazy now and I refuse to buy any more ddr4 until it changes!