1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ok first mod design * picture rotated*

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mixx, 20 Oct 2003.

1. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

This is a very basic design of a custom acrylic case thats been in my head for months. finally i drew it up and here it is:
    [​IMG]
    the base isnt attatched to the base at all, i want to give it a floating kinda look. but as you can se i have started to plan to use acrylic tubes/rods to hold it off of the base
    Comments and Suggestions are a must. please give me feedback, good or bad. remember this is the VERY first concept drawing. have fun :thumb:

your gonna have to read sideways and uhh get used to my messy writing.......u will be seeing MUCH more of it. I PROMISE YOU. aha ahaha ahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahaha

:worried:

Sorry about the neck cramps lol :blush:

Last edited: 20 Oct 2003
  2. ModCanada

ModCanada What's a Dremel?

looks good, bit hard to see the deisgn side ways but from what i can make out it looks pretty damn good. keep us updated.

3. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

im gonna fix that problem up with a little bit of this, little bit of this and little bit of that (namely photoshop) lol. ill have it updates within 15 minutes

4. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

have you guys seen those pyramid lookin fan controller thingies that light up??? maybe u could put a few of them int here to keep with your design.... lol

looks good but u should just rotate it in windows and rehost it... my neck hurts now... lol

5. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

should be better now

6. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

7. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

im planning to make my case pretty large as well. but i dont think it will be anything like the pyramac. its a cool case and all but i dont think i want folding sides. my case was inspired by ORAC3 by G-gnome (thank you very much G-gnome) anyways. ull see what i have in mind. Thanks for the link bud

8. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Moved to Modding IAW forum rules.

Project logs forum is for solid work only. Plans and ideas are to go in Modding :)

Send me an email if/when you have done some work on the case and I'll look at moving it back.
    Your welcome - A nice design there. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. :)

9. SillyGoose

SillyGoose What's a Dremel?

i had some ideas like yours, except mine was modeled after a Gou'ad mothership from Star Gate. I scraped it and went with something a little easier to play with. didn't wanna go over board with my first real mod project.

10. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

looks like one of the g'ould pyramid ships from stargate.

11. Twernmilt

Twernmilt What's a Dremel?

so are you leaving the acrylic clear? I would frost it white to give it a kind of ghost-like glowing apearance...but thats just me

12. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

i think ill be getting some neon acrylic from a plastic shop called delvies plastics. ill be using a mixture of clear, flourescent green and fourescent blue.

13. Twernmilt

Twernmilt What's a Dremel?

how are you planning on hidding the tubes that will hold up the top section of the pyramid?

14. Crazith

Crazith What's a Dremel?

I swear I have seen this mod done before honest to god The person you did it hooked it up to a 42" plasma screen also looked really cool

........ but still i know I have seen that before.........

15. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Excellent design ideas there, nice to see something that isn't a standard issue square box.