1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "Rain" ( Suspended )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ReFredzRate, 19 May 2003.

1. Spaced_invader

Spaced_invader What's a Dremel?

headphones look cool, can i see the specks?

2. thorilan

thorilan What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

here is a correct pic that someone else posted

[​IMG] .

btw this will be the 3rd case i have seen with the kanji mizu on it

Last edited: 27 Aug 2003
  3. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Well, quite a while ago now I said I was going to do something special to the PSU wires. I tried that, but it wouldn't work too well. What I wanted to try was using shower hoses for improving the looks of the wiring. I can hear you think: "Dumbass, G-gnome already did that. You idea stealer" Well, I had the idea first :p Anyway, the hose I had around didn't fit too well, so I'll be checking out the department store to see if the new hoses are a bit wider.

==============================================

Why didn't I post an update for such a long time?
    I've been too busy. School started again, I went on camp for some days, I've been cleaning out the attic, I've been drooling over G-gnome's project. What I actually DID do was paint the left side panel. There's still no 'Kanji Mizu' to be seen on the case anywhere, but I have some shots left... Now the other side/top and the front need to be painted. This will take some more time, so you will just have to be patient some more.

P.S. I have some more ideas coming in for inside the case, and some for the exterior even. You'll be surprised what the hardware I found can do :)

//RAMeLaiR

4. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

i think the window looks cool :)

5. Spaced_invader

i know exactly what you mean, me i'm supposed to learn how to program in C this summer, i havent even opened a book on it. it's just finding time for everything and then your hobbies.

anyway it's the summer you're supposed to have fun, getting stupidly ****ed on some random drug.. (alcohol is a drug), your not supposed to remember things in the morning otherwise it couldnt have been that good a night in the first place.

6. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

lol!! you have to program C i have to be fluent in pHp by.... lemme see... a week ago!!

7. Spaced_invader

yea but to be honest all i've ever done is some delphi, which really doesnt compare to any real programing language. i'm doing cybernetics at uni for which you dont need much programing skillz. it's bassically artificial intelligence in robots very interesting but hard at the same time.

8. ReFredzRate

Maybe I forgot to tell I was trying to get myself to learn some Php as well, and am seriously thinking about getting a real domain name. So again I will be creating a new website as well, and this time it will have Php in it. Really? No... probably not... just kidding!! I will :) Tomorrow in the morning I will send out an order for new modding supplies, so I will have my stuff in about 2 weeks. By than the entire case will be blue, except for the front plate with the cd-rw and fdd, or maybe a flash card reader in it. That little plate will be black.

9. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

:thumb:

Hardhouse .... Mmmm ...

Oh yeah, the comp is pretty cool as well ;)

10. ReFredzRate

I've been quite busy with college lately, but I'm also working VERY hard on the paintjob for Rain. I just need to finish painting the front now, and then the paintjob will be complete.

So, quite a large update coming up soon!!! :clap:

11. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

heh... this means eternity in chinese?

12. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Heh, I didn't do that myself. I know it's not entirely accurate or anything but it's purely a decorative feature of my room :)

13. ReFredzRate

that's why I'm still determined on using the water sign and NOT the eternity sign. Pay attention guys ;)

14. ReFredzRate

Within the time I didn't post here, I did a nice paintjob, but still the case remains unfinished. I put the hook on the front of the case, and finished the window on the sidepanel. The headphone hanging on the front of the case is a Sennheiser HD212, not the Philips headphone I thought about earlier. Anyway, here are the pics. Any questions or suggestions are most welcome.

As always, the images are clickable!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. complexprocess

complexprocess What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing he'll be using his computer, and taking it out with him, if he's hanging his headphones on it. :)

In that case, why not get the best of both worlds? (sorta)

Izotope Vinyl

//Edit
    Oops, you were talking about high sound quality, and that plugin simulates damaged records. Probably not worth having.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2003
  16. ReFredzRate

thnx complexprocess, added that one to my favorites :) I'll be looking a bit better at it as soon as I have some real time on my hands.

17. ReFredzRate

Since last night I've been thinking over a little idea I got. It's inspired by Macroman. Maybe some of you remember his optical fibre ideas. I'm planning something a bit alike it, but not quite the same though!

Normally there would be 2 5mm LEDs used in the case. I had the idea to mount the original green LED (power) and the original red LED (hdd) inside the case, but not with the optical fibre. My plan was mounting them directly behind a 2mm hole, so they would shine through the little hole.

I've already started modding on this little idea. I still had an old plastic backplate of an AT case (yes, back, not front...) laying around. A friend got me that thing in the past, for another project (Friend for a Friend). I cut a little piece out of the top, which is shaped just perfect for the job. I need to cut 2 5mm holes in the piece, so I can fit the LEDs, after that I need to drill 2 2mm holes in the front of my case, and mount the 'LED-holder' behind it, using some superglue. Simple mod, but will probably work pretty nicely. I already did a testrun with a green LED behing a 2mm hole, and it looks pretty cool if I do say so myself (which I do ;) )...

Progress coming up, later on today (or tomorrow)

18. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

am looking forward to zee pics!

19. ReFredzRate

Well, did a bit more work on it. Here are some pics to show you what it will look like and how the LEDs will be fitted. There still are no holes in the front plate, that I will do tomorrow. Sorry about the bad quality of the pics, it's already dark here, so I had to bare with some artificial light.

The little 'LED holder' and it's 2 little 5mm friends:
    [​IMG]

The LED holder with the LEDs put in for show:
    [​IMG]

The LED holder glued to place:
    [​IMG]

The LED holder glued to place, again with the LEDs for show:
    [​IMG]

20. ReFredzRate

Oh man, I must have had my head smashed into something. I'm incredibly motivated, have so much ideas, but no resources. Orderlist coming up soon... VERY soon!!! :eek: