1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battalion 1944

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Matticus, 21 Jan 2018.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

Is anyone playing the beta of this, or is anyone going to get it on early access on the 1st of Feb? I signed up to the beta mailing list in the hopes of getting a key but haven't so I guess I'm out of luck until it's publicly released.

I am pretty excited about it as it's supposed to be a good blend of COD and CS, which sounds pretty awesome to me.

They have done a great job of hyping the game with streamers etc but without any mainstream marketing, hopefully it doesn't all turn out to be hype.

2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I've been keeping tabs on this to - fingers crossed it proves to be a viable alternative to some of the EA titles :thumb:

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I got a key and played it for a while yesterday, but I had a few issues with it. When I tried playing it on HDD the game took forever to start up. Like waaaay longer than any other games I have on HDD. Moved it to the SSD and it wasn't too bad. I saw others saying the same thing on the forums. I also had real issues getting into games, but they announced today that they're aware of that and have created a new set of servers so it should be better now. I've been pretty ill since last night so haven't had a chance to try it again yet, but the good matches I had of it were quite fun, though I really cannot get used to everything being toggle on/off with no way to change it! Some of the maps suffer really badly from spawn-trapping too. I had one match where I literally did not manage to take a step. Every time I spawned I was dying. Seen a lot of complaints about that as well, so would imagine they will work on that.

[EDIT]I got on for a bit, played 5 matches. Only 1 didn't crash. I tried![EDIT]

Last edited: 21 Jan 2018
  4. Matticus

Matticus ...

Sounds promising :lol:

Hopefully it's just teething problems and it will settle in when they release it.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah, everything I had issues with they addressed and the games I had where it worked were actually really fun. I was very bad at it, but I still had fun! I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I watched a video on it yesterday and it really didn't capture my interest.

Waiting on "Hell Let Loose" at the moment in its stead.

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

I hadn't seen Hell Let Loose, looks awesome! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that now! I have missed tons as I've only just back into gaming etc over the past few months.

Epic must be doing great with everyone using the Unreal Engine at the minute! Hopefully it works well for them and all the indie devs brining out new games!

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I love it, I love it, I love it.

Tonight me and a clan member were playing, just the 2 of us as most of the clan were to busy to play tonight or were playing other games.

I felt bad for him and had to let him kill me.

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested, my clans server is NTHWGaming.co.uk, and the server name is ***Password NTHW****NTHWGaming.co.uk****

The Password whilst we wait for the developers to introduce a server sorting feature will remain as "NTHW" for all to play on the server, but will also enable us to change it if we manage to get the full clan on and want a night of gaming, to ourselves which to be honest won't be often.

The *** are to make it easier to find in the server browser.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Are there many maps at the moment? I am sure I have only seen 1 map being played. Looks interesting though

10. Matticus

Matticus ...

There are at least 5 I think. I think most people streaming it are playing the Wartide game mode and probably on Coastal all the time.

The servers are pretty junk at the moment but definitely getting better. Now I'm getting into enough games that occasionally I get a crash or disconnect instead of just sitting waiting to join a game haha!

I imagine by next weekend they will have the servers stable for 99% of peolep and it will be less frequent, less game breaking bugs... Hopefully! The only frustrating thing was that it seemed that some people had constant trouble while others got into games without much problem other than a bit of a wait.

If I'm back on later I'll join your server to say hi, Damien!

damien c and Mr Happy like this.