1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Whats that flashy bar thingy on a hifi system?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by funkymunky, 21 Oct 2003.

1. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

Hey guys!... just a quick question... you may laugh but i cant remember what that bar flashy thing on a hifi is called.... theres normally a bar for each db level, and its normally green yellow and red. :duh:
    The reason im asking this is because i am looking for a program to run on a laptop that will display all the levels like the screen in the fast and the furious.
    Basically its an car mp3 player but i only want it to display sound levels etc.... :duh:

I would be very greatful if any1 could recommend some decent software for doing the job too! :thumb:
    Thanks guys!

2. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Graphic Equaliser?

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

If it's multi-band and shows the average of each channel, as daniel said, it's a graphic equalizer. If it shows the power output of the left and right channel, it's a level indicator.

4. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

don't you mean vu meter??
    a graphic equaliser shows relative levels of sound in different frequencies (although it is actually something whereby you can adjust frequencies independently). if there are only two then its just two channel levels.

5. CharlieCat

CharlieCat What's a Dremel?

Spectrum Analyser ?

Thats what the one on my old sony hi-fi was called.

I have been working on a front-end for my home MP3 jukebox which has a spectrum analyser & VU meter display.

[​IMG]

Cheers, CC

6. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

yeh what i want to do is to have a full screen Spectrum Analyser..
    and in the same sort of style as urs. How would i go about doing this as i have no idea at all!!!!

Rm :p