1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P4 overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zero9, 23 Oct 2003.

1. Zero9

Zero9 What's a Dremel?

im plannin on gettin some money soon hopefully and i want to get a new proc. im thinkin about either a 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8 p4 w/800mhz bus. i have a abit ic7 max3 and im also plannin on gettin a gig of pc4200 (i kinda want to go corsair but i cant find a good website so i might get ocz) but i was jus wonderin which one i would get the highest overclock with, but then i was also thinkin that i should jus get a cheap one and put tha rest of tha money back to get a new prescott proc. by tha way my rig will be water cooled

2. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

Right now everything is about to change; AMD's 64FX is getting a new socket soon; Intel is releasing a new line(2 if tejas counts) of processor's.
    Your best bet is to save the money now, as hard as it is, and wait till everything gets straightened out. By next summer we might even see BTX comps and PCI Express take over. Who knows, but its not like when the Athlon XP and P4 478 started anymore. Something big is going to change soon, wether its form factor, or slots, you might want to wait a few more months to see.

3. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 What's a Dremel?

but if u're too impatient to wait,maybe u can go AMD style?

a 2500+ Barton is nice or maybe a 2200 with hm..epox mobo?
    any good quality ram above PC3500 would do nice