1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows General Netflix thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Vault-Tec, 23 May 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I searched for one but all I could find was a rant thread (lol) and tech threads (like my 4k one).

Now I will admit I hardly ever watch actual movies. I am a pure docu guy, and mostly murders, serial killers, child killers (children that kill not the other way around, I can't watch that) etc. I once explained it to my ex wife "I think it is generally knowing there are people out there with more effed up brains than I have that allures me"

Or it could just be that I am a morbid SOB.

Any way, this is the Netflix thread where we talk about the nice things about it. Obviously you guys probably saw my thread on "The Fastest Car" but I didn't want to make another one about another single show so this is the free for all.

Things I have watched lately.

Roxanne, Roxanne. The true story of Roxanne Shante. Great if you were into Electro in the early days and know who she is. Quite a brutal story tbh. Well worth a watch. I guess if you are a "Straight Outta Compton" guy or girl this will be right up your alley.

Making a Murderer. Too long for me to go into but a damn good watch, even though it's kinda ironic.

Last night I started watching "Evil Genius". I had seen it pop up a few times but thought "Oh bank robbery, nahh, not my thing" but then last night I realised what it actually was. It is the story of this pizza delivery man who winds up having a 8" hole blown into his chest by a IED. And I had seen this on a few other programmes, but nothing as in depth as this. This is like 4 hours. So I ended up binge watching 2.5 hours of it last night haha. Very good indeed ! I wish they would spend more time (resulting in a larger watching time) of things like this.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Evil Genius was great (although I disagree with some of his conclusions).

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Forensic Files.

/Thread.

Hex and Vault-Tec like this.
  4. Vault-Tec

I've not got to that part yet, but I had already watched two 1hr docus on it and they concluded it was basically "him and her". I won't go into more detail as I don't want to spoil it. But yeah, pretty obvious who it was really.

I wasn't sure if they were going to show the guy exploding so I closed my eyes. Then when I opened them they were on the body... So I rewound it and watched again. You only see a brief moment of it, but you definitely see it. Poor sod what a crappy way to go :( and then what they did to him after was pretty crappy too.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It gets worse... not more graphic, but worse when you see how the case transpires and whatnot.

6. Vault-Tec

TBH the way they treated him makes me incredibly sad. They literally just left him there. And then after he was dead they stripped him naked so he was lying in the middle of the street butt naked :( so undignified, poor sod :(

That makes me mad. What also makes me mad is their interpretation of what a genius is. If that is the case then my ex wife was a genius. However, she was also completely rotten to the core. Maybe the two go hand in hand?

7. Vault-Tec

I became addicted to that when I first went to the USA. So I had seen most of them before (god bless CIN. They used to do live court cases and everything !). I watched them all last year, now I am on my second run through. There is a lot lol.

8. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I just watched Evil Genius ... thought it was flippn great. Have you watched "Dope" ? I know its about drugs and stuff but a very well put together Doc. Really enjoyed it.

9. Vault-Tec

Possibly. I have watched a few about Mexican cartels too. Man, that was hard. It makes Evil Genius look like a nice way to go ! one guy got beheaded, then put in his truck and the truck burnt out. They showed you it too, all of it :O

10. Vault-Tec

OK so I watched the last 1.5hrs tonight. I was right all along.

IDK how or why but I can look at people and see inside of them. I knew he was a decent person and from the moment I saw him felt a lot of empathy. It just goes to show you how many evil people are out there who will gladly step on these sorts of people and manipulate and bully them into submission.

The woman reminds me an awful lot of my ex wife. Like, really reminds me of her. My ex was intelligent I won't lie, but she knew it too and that was her downfall. Always her downfall.. She too would manipulate people and use them. For example (and I may as well talk about it now given the divorce should be done within a matter of days) she had a slave. She moved a man into the house, got the social to pay room rent, pocketed it all and then used him as a slave. Next thing you know she is sleeping with him, pushing her husband into the spare room. Then when he does a bunk and goes off to Germany she can't figure out why. Then the divorce goes through and he has stated adultery, and for the life of her she could not believe that he would do that lmao. In other words she truly thought she had him completely manipulated and under her control, and thus when he said it was OK for her to sleep with some one else it actually wasn't.

That is the downfall. She got into plenty of trouble elsewhere too. At one point my ex was a millionaire. She owned a house she had paid £750k for (mortgage obs) but had a £400k down payment down on it from selling the house she owned previously. She owned a brilliant cat business, selling cats for up to £25k a kitten, and had it made. Then she opened a forum online, ran off her mouth to some one (she never knew who it was) and they dug up things in the property that stated firstly that the land she believed was hers was actually green belt, and also there was a thing on the property (I forget the legal name for it) that stated you could not breed animals of any shape or description on the property. So what happened? well, the council came around and told her to take down all of her cat pens and cease any breeding immediately. That was when her husband went off to Germany to work, never returning.

And all of that? was because she thought she was clever. You know? smarter than any one else. And like the woman in this doc she had no street sense *at all* and truly thought when she scolded some one online that they would just swallow their medicine and keep quiet. And she got stabbed in the back in the worst way, lost absolutely everything (IIRC she had about £16k when all was said, sold and done) and then she moved onto me. Thinking I would make her next victim. Yet, when she used to run her mouth to me instead of me rising to it and losing the argument (because trust me, she could go on for days) I instead just started planning on getting rid of her. So much so that again, she looked absolutely shocked when I told her to leave and never come back. In fact, I had to tell her several times because she kept going back to her daily routine of talking BS online.

IIRC her weapon of choice was to wait until you started talking. Then, when you were mid sentence she would start with the "Oh that's it, make it all about you !" and then of course I would go quiet before the whole situation turned around and it once again became all about her. And it continued, for many years.

I'm better off without her. I may have my issues but I know when to shut my mouth, and IMO that makes me far more intelligent than her. That said I do have a higher IQ, so maybe that is why.

11. Vault-Tec

Dope. OK I started watching this about three nights ago. TBH? ups and downs. Firstly I am not sure all of it is kosher, but what has annoyed me is that they will spend an entire hour on a bust that doesn't happen. You get all pumped and primed for someone to get caught, then it's a fishing boat. Last night after about 8 episodes they finally caught some woman with 70g of Meth FFS.IDK, it's easy watching I guess. I have been alternating between this and Henry Hill's motorbike show (forget the exact name now) which I have been enjoying also, having seen all of the Shed And Buried on regular TV.

12. Vault-Tec

So for the past three nights I have been watching The Staircase.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80233441

I had already seen this twice before on forensic shows but this is kinda like Evil Genius where they go much deeper into it. It's very good tbh. I was watching last night's episode and I ended up just cracking up laughing. One of the forensic detectives is a little short on brain power and intelligence, let's just put it that way. It was when he said "If you are very careful you won't get any cast off at all when swinging a weapon" and "Well if you cleaned the weapon between blows you would not get any cast off either" that got me. I was rolling around the bed laughing. Only in America..... Then you see a short clip of him spending hours and hours trying to match what the crime scene showed (by splattering blood) rather than using science. It really was a hoot and a holler.