1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Full-featured PC fits in pocket

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 28 Oct 2003.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

From New Scientist:

A full-featured PC that is small enough to slip into a shirt pocket is being hailed by its makers as the world's first modular computer. The machine can perform as both a PC and a handheld computer, but it remains to be seen if consumers are willing to pay for such a hybrid device.

The Modular Computing Core is being launched on 7 November by Antelope Technologies, a Colorado-based start-up. The device is a single portable unit into which all the essential computing components are crammed. At 76 by 127 by 19 millimetres (5 x 3 x 3/4 inches), the MCC is not much bigger than a deck of cards.

This core unit can then either be slotted into a docking station to be used with a screen and keyboard as a desktop computer, or into small portable "shell" with a touch-sensitive screen, turning it into a handheld computer. "Modular computers will change the way people use their computer," claims Kenneth Geyer, president of Antelope Technologies.

More here

2. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

No pictures? Bummer :sigh:

Give me the money and I'll buy it :D

3. |Jedi|

|Jedi| What's a Dremel?

4. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Still don't see any pictures in the article that was linked, maybe I need glasses :geek: .

Tags: Add Tags