1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Yeah B*tch! Magnets!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by User-sam, 14 Jun 2018.

1. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I last posted on the Bit Tech forum's but you guys have always been super helpful. I purchased a magnet phone holder and it's been working great.

However I now want to remove the magnet but have realised I didn't use the strip of magnetic film before applying the magnet so it's directly attached to the phone!

I have tried rubbing alcohol/trying to heat up the adhesive while using a plethora of spudgers to try and remove it but it's proper stuck!

Any bright ideas?

This is the phone holder below for reference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOSH-Magne...2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528979423&sr=8-2&keywords=yosh

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

WD40 and dental floss?

3. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

Well after allot of careful prying I have managed to remove it. Just need some goo gone now to remove all that adhesive!

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If you've got some Gorilla or Gaffer tape you can quite often use a piece to lift the adhesive. Just keep sticking it over the adhesive patch and keep lifting it. The glue on the Gorilla tape in particular is strong enough to lift most adhesives.

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

You should have used lighter fluid (petrol), it would have broken down the glue to a paste and it would have come off with no effort whatsoever - you then rinse and repeat to remove any surplus gunk without risk of scratching or leaving behind any sticky residue.

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

if its stuck with the 3m double sided sticky pad then heat is your ally.
    and its a phone with built in battery you need to super careful when use a hair dryer on it.

if by chance the back of the phone is removable. make use of our heat wave and leave it on your dash board for a couple of hours and it will peel off.