1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Gainward GF4 MX460

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MadD_b0mBeR, 31 Oct 2003.

1. MadD_b0mBeR

MadD_b0mBeR What's a Dremel?

ok.. just wondering if anyone else managed to get this card to run at 370/700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stock being 300/550. and with minimal modding too, no water or fridges involved.

2. Shogun

Shogun Banned

ive got a msi geforce 4 mx460 64mb running at 358/640 with no modding, stock cooler and everything. Just try cranking it up a few mhz at a time and make sure your card isnt getting too hot.

3. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 What's a Dremel?

huh?
    tat's a high overclock!!

9800's can do tat much

4. MadD_b0mBeR

well, after running it at that for a few weeks, now im starting to get artefacts, and hangs after a while. Interestingly, it hangs untill its cooled down a bit, then carries on! Its now @ 360/680, that is untill i do some better cooling on the ram, and lap the GPU fan. Sure its running hot, back of GPU @ around about 50°C after a hour or so in AA. Gonna try and sort out some better cooling 4 it. my bros gf3 ti can barely take a 20mhz OC on CPU & Ram, and thats a gainward too.

5. Shogun

Shogun Banned

i think i should try and cool mine better too. Can anyone recommend any good coolers? I know i can just put heatsinks on the ram but there seem to be two biggish chips on the back of the board, do those need cooling too?

6. MadD_b0mBeR

those two bigish chips on the back of the board are ALSO the ram! on my card there r 2 on the back, and 2 on the front, its a 64mb card 16mb a pop for those TINY BGA (?) ramsinks. Personaly, i just hacked up a Thermal Take ramsink that i bought and wouldnt fit on my DDR (its SDram only D'oh!), and cut up the thermal pads. I used a blorb (Blue Orb) on the GPU, with some AS3. Remember, the back of the card probably gets a lower air flow, as it doesnt get the GPU fan kickout, so most likely u will need better cooling on the back ram. U can go really nuts and heatsink the back of the board where the GPU is, trust me, that REALLY helps.

Tags: