1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google launches Android 9 Pie

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 7 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. DbD

DbD Minimodder

But not for my pixel C, despite it being a google product and still available for sale a few months ago :(

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I might just stay on Oreo, then. I don't my devices to "suggest" what I should do, where I should go and when I should do it - I want them to do what I ask, when I ask it.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Oh great, as if the marketing for current android phones wasn't plastered with the term AI enough already...

5. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Will be watching my Nokia 7 Plus to see if Android Pie drops soon. Will be interested to see if Project Treble's promises of timely updates prove to be true (along with the phone's Android One branding).

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

According to the article:

So the Android One branding is kind of worthless as the delays are still measured in months (yes, I know that is still better than a lot of the rest where you might as well just wait for preorders of 5G phones to go up at the end of next year).

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Pixel 2 XL updated painlessly: about half an hour of installing in the background, then a reboot to swap the system partition over. No problems so far, and nice that the volume control finally works in a sane way. Might give the new navbar a try, though I'm so used to the fast-app-switch double-tap that it will take a while to unlearn.

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Got it queued up for my Pixel 2 XL for later, as soon as I can get onto a wifi connection again. Looking forward to having a decent play around with it.

9. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags