1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Star Citizen passes $200m, announces free flight week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 19 Nov 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

SNAKE OIL

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Wouldn't suggest drinking anymore.

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Cake!
    I'm great at baking cakes, remember that cake I made a couple of decades ago? Wasn't it a great cake! Now I'm back I'm going to bake the best cakes you've ever seen. It'll be like the cakes you used to dream about when you were playing Elite on your C64.

If you pay me £30 I'll let you have one of these cakes (one day) you can share with your friends, and I'll even give you a version of the cake you can eas yourself.

But there's more! I'm producing a range of fantastic cake toppers, forks and fancy plates to go with your cake, and you can buy these for only a few hundred £ each... nothing more than a few £K.

My cakes will be amazing. They'll look better than anyone else's cake and that claim will continue forever... as I'm never actually going to finish my cake, I'm going to keep adding more icing options, fancy ribbons and other junk to my cakes so that I never finish the cake.
    I can continue doing this for years, as my cake backers who have invested thousands on premium decoration features keep throwing money at me! Which is great, as I love designing cakes and adding fancy features to my cake designs more than I feel the need to actually give anyone a cake.

So to keep my train full of gravy, I'm announcing a new pledge package for my best supporters. Pay another $27,000 and I'll let you have almost all the options available if I ever finish this cake. When you get to sample your cake, you'll be able to eat your cake any way you choose!

But it's okay, you have been paying me £k for a half-empty promise, but you'll get to watch me work, and I'll even let you lick the spoon every once in a while!

Come on be a Cake Citizen!

The cake is not a lie!

Last edited: 22 Nov 2018
    Wakka, MLyons and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

A guy who made good cakes before wants to bake the World's Best Cake, at a time when nobody wanted to bake cakes anymore. I gave them £30 to try and bake the cake.
    Today, one other person has baked a pretty good cake, and the World's best Cake has some nice layers of sponge being assembled but needs some serious icing. If it is finished, I eventually get delicious cake. If it is not, then oh well. In the meantime, I have some delicious roast ham to eat.

Guinevere likes this.
Tags: Add Tags