1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: 'GreenCase Wireless' [very near to finished]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JULO, 26 Jul 2010.

1. JULO

JULO What's a Dremel?

o thank you it's a pleasure to see the modding big shots like you appreciating my work ;)

thanks a lot :thumb:

[​IMG]

The raw cables looks like this. Actually it's the way it looks at the moment, to be covered.

I tried to make it as clean as I could. I'm a bit annoyed with the leg supporting the card. It disturbs the clean way of the rest.

Guys, advise me on how to cover the PCI-E cables please :thumb:
    I've been thinking about kind of black velour material to make the color and texture match the pcb and I think I'll give it a try but it not satisfying in fact ;)

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The only thing I can think of would be an EK full backplate with some small spacers to allow the..err...space for those cables.

EDIT: Looking closer there's that heatsink on the back of the card so you'd need to clear that too.

3. JULO

JULO What's a Dremel?

A little update on GreenCase Wireless, thought it could be interesting.

So it's a little over 8 years since the PC was built and it runs to this day smoothly, no modifications. (The second D5 pump was never installed, and the first never properly mounted.)
    No cooling fluid change (Feser) (although you can see a lot of air in the hoses), no thermal grease change, no leaks (TYGON R-3606).
    With hindsight, I don't think I hoped it to make that many years of service.

Currently it's used at my old folks' home to browse the web.
    I'll give the next update in 2027. :D

Cheers, my dear modders!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Jan 2019
  4. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

This is definitely some thing different :) love the hanging pump!

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Well, thanks for the update... FINALLY. :lol: This is the worst case of construction stopping when the rig is usable I've ever seen.

storm-83 likes this.