1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling LIAN-LI PC60 rad & pump placement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keir, 9 Nov 2003.

1. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Im really unsure where to place my rad (Blackice xtream) to get the best cooling. it has a 120mm fan.
    I've had in on the bottom of the optical bays but it wasn't getting colled properly due to airflow problems. temps were around 40degrees on a 2700+ @ 2.2

2. 13mur 6

13mur 6 What's a Dremel?

Oh I modded my old PC-60 for W/Cing and I came across the same problem.

I used a 120 mm black ice radiator also. What ended up happening is I modded the top of the case so that the radiator was stuck to the top of it (just drilled out the rivets), used a hole saw to cut a hole out at the top so the hot air can be blown out. The pump stayed on the bottom near where the HDD rack is, and the water was pumped up into the radiator, down to the CPU block, down to the GPU block and back into the pump (had no place for a res, so I did something special :D ).

This puts the radiator far away from the HDD's, the CPU/GPU, the pump, the PSU, and anything else that generates heat.

I only have 2 optical drives, a DVD-ROM and a CD-RW, and both of them were moved to the bottom 2 slots leaving about 4 1/2" at the top for the radiator and fan.

I left the 2 stock intake fans in the front, and added an extra fan in the rear totalling 2 outtake fans (used 30 CFM sunons). Though it's a little on the louder side (but heck of alot more quiet than having 3 80mm 50 CFM fans), it kept temps very cool compared to aircooling at 10C above case temps during full load (compared to 20C above case temps with air cooling), idle temps varied from pretty much case temp, to 5C above case temps (my trusty old Alpha only gave me 15C difference between case and core temps).

-Lemur 6

3. Lashout

Lashout What's a Dremel?

S'quite easy if you do it my way.

All did was remove the HDD cage and it's mount by drilling the rivets out (very easy)

[​IMG]

Excuse the busy look, but there's a lot of kit in my rig!

BTW, the intake fans suck out (the ones at the front, I know they are not then intakes lol :worried: ) and the rear fans suck air in........go figure :clap:

Temps are fine!

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

lol ur case is totaly packed.
    I've tried that exact thing but I have a Black ice xtream its a bit bigger than urs and doesnt fit under the hdds and floppy cage thing :(

Tags: