1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Audiophile Switch... srsly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mister_Tad, 7 Feb 2019.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Didn't someone get caught selling some kind of 'power supply cleaner' or claimed it'd cut down on electrical noise...

...turned out it was literally a plug casing filled with cement to make it feel heavy.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

With literally all of these products mentioned, I feel like you could play buzz-word bingo.

What a load of ****.

What's the betting half the reviewers have got tinnitus anyway

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The only barrier to entry is managing to keep a straight face through the sales pitch... and that might get difficult when you get around to mentioning that each air-gapped interconnect costs £479 because you spent 3000 hours hand picking the best tree and the saw used to cut the tree down was made deep in the heart of Bolivia by an ancient and long thought dead master craftsman.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

With the grain at a carefully chosen 43.2 degree angle as to not muddy the soundstage.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I call your Shakti stones and raise you: Acoustic Resonators

Or how about this one...

There was once a follow up review on the site discussing how placement of the resonators all over the house, including inside the fridge, improved the sound. Sadly it seems to have been pulled.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

But , but, but they protect your audio cables from ground borne vibrations! We all know how sensitive cables are to ground borne vibrations..

..and you have the audacity to sit there and scoff! Shame on you.

:lol:

8. Vault-Tec

You know what the gold cup is for, right? that's to put your bollocks in after you've done them on buying those things.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

How has nobody mentioned the Tice Audio Clock, which was literally a Radio Shack LED alarm clock with a sticker over the logo.

RedFlames, Mister_Tad and Vault-Tec like this.
  10. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

One part of me is sad that such BS flies, another part of me feels like if you can sell why not.

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Oh, sh*t! Healing crystals for your cable signal! Two crackpot markets with one stone-literally. This is brilliant. Now that I think about it, the Feng Sui shizz is already there, so why not?

12. Vault-Tec

Exactly. If people are so far up their own backside that they think they have the ears of an eagle? then they deserve everything they get.

I was told early on what to use for speaker cable (solid core mains copper wire) and where to get excellent RCA cables for peanuts (Tandy premium for about £8 per set).

I'm waiting to see how much EVGA want for this sound card they are working on. A lot, I would imagine.

13. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Paint some eyes on it and we can have a pet rock revival.

14. Mister_Tad

I've seen those before, and I'm 99% sure that the site is a parody - it's not just pebbles, it's all sorts of nonsense that just seems a bit too tongue-in-cheek http://www.machinadynamica.com/

I don't doubt that it's real in the way that if I were to send $130, I would get my plastic bag of pebbles, but I do think he's mainly taking the piss. Much like has been suggested in this thread.

I bet we could do a much better job of it too... anyone fancy partnering up? I'm in marketing, so that's that base covered. Just need someone good with soldering to do some gentle mods to off the shelf kit, someone with procurement experience to source cheap parts from China, a modder to make some fancy cases, and a dev to make a shiny website. Am I missing anything?

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh, snap, the dude has his own version of the Tice Audio Clock, only battery powered. How convenient! And he's even written a treatise on how it works!

16. Mister_Tad

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Wasn't there talk of a Feng Sui motherboard once upon a time?

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Pretty sure that mobo originated from a parody site.

19. Vault-Tec

Honestly, it actually concerns me how so called intelligent beings can write such plop.

It cracks me up that the new Shakti brick, costing $200, has so many awards. It's even funnier what they are calling it now too, as that is what you are paying for.

[​IMG]

Air. You're literally paying for air.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm game.

Paging DevDoge...