1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics LED fade circuit

Discussion in 'Modding' started by xturmn8r, 11 Nov 2003.

1. xturmn8r

xturmn8r What's a Dremel?

Linear has a post @ [H] forums about an LED fade circuit, it links to http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/page5.htm ,

I'm not circuitly inclined, so I tried to use a dumbed down version, found here;

http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/colorfade/index_eng

ok, I've got the components, I'm using 3 AA batteries for power in series; (4.5 volts) I've got all the correct resistors, I have a 33microfarad cap, and a bunch of blue LEDs, the LM324 quad op amp, and 4401 and 4403 PNP and NPN transistors, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get the LEDs to fade out of phase with each other. A computer engineer on our floor actually got one to fade, but he was using a different part number than I was for the NPN transistor (2n2222, I believe) . Also, I want 4 LEDs to fade in unison out of phase with 2 other LEDs; is that possible with this circuit? can anyone gimme some help with this circuit? how would I go about trying to trouble shoot to begin with? I have a digicam, so I could take pictures of it, but I think someone with a schematic might be a little more helpful, if that is the problem. Thanks a lot
    XtuRmN8r

2. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

If you want one set of LEDs to be 180° out of pahse with the other, then connect one set at pin 1 and the other at pin 7, properly boosted with a transistor.

3. xturmn8r

xturmn8r What's a Dremel?

could you elaborate? perhaps a schematic pretty please? like an transistor (will 33 microfarad work) then split into 4 LEDs (properly resisted)? I assume you mean pins 1 and 7 on the LM324?
    Thx
    XtuRmN8r