1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GPU Upgrade - Sanity Check

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bawjaws, 29 Mar 2019.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

@bawjaws I have a blower style Asus 1070 going spare, if you're interested. £175 to a bit-tech bruv.

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

That's good of you to offer, mate, and I appreciate it. I think I'll pass, thanks, but cheers for the offer :thumb:

3. trig

trig god's little mistake

I'd stick with the 2060, get one with the cooler you want. pocket the overage and save it for a rainy day or the 1440 p monitor to come

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

For what it's worth, I picked up the Zotac 1070 mini (upgraded from a gtx970), over easter, at £230 quid it was just too tempting. I was worried it was going to run hot or be noisy, as I have never had a mini card before but it seems great. Hitman 2, Deus Ex MKD and Anno 1800 all look and run better on my aged I5 2500k.

It has also made me consider getting a new pc in a much smaller micro or ITX style case.

If price is your concern I think it's a good bet but as others have said, it's old tech now so who knows how long the drivers will be good for.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh, I should probably have updated this thread a week ago...

I ended up getting that EVGA 2070 XC Gaming I linked to in post #15. It's bloody marvellous - it runs super cool in my NCase M1 and is extremely quiet to boot (any fears I had about using an open-style cooler in the M1 have proved unfounded), and unsurprisingly it's quite the upgrade from my old 660Ti :D

Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions, even if I've ended up going a bit mad with my final purchase. If this card lasts as long as my 660Ti then I'll be a very happy camper indeed - I bought the 2070 6 years almost to the day after the 660Ti.

6. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

@bawjaws This still available by any chance?

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Hey @nimbu , not sure if you've got the wrong end of the stick here but the 1070 was being offered by @David and not by me :winking:

8. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Lol you are right....