1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus X99-DELUXE II memory issue?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Buzzons, 26 May 2019.

1. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Hi all,

In testing my old X99 Deluxe (not version II) I ordered a Deluxe II as a potential solution. However, it only seems to see half the RAM that I've plugged in and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to make it see the rest.

RAM is known to be working (tested in other PCs and it sees it all just fine) and moving them between slots makes them show up again (E.G., from B1 to A1).

DIMMs A1, A2, D1, D2 all show RAM but if I place any RAM in B1, B2, C1, C2 it doesn't show as per attached screen shots. SPD information shows partial information, just not the size or the speed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

All_Slots.jpg DIMM_A1.jpg DIMM_B1.jpg

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I had similar issue on my first gen X99 Deluxe, It was not the CPU (CPU in another board worked just fine); it wasn't the CPU pins either, they all have been fine too. If i have to guess, the board might developed some internal cracks in the PCB under the weight of the cooler (NH-D15), which resulted in non-working RAM slots due some interrupted traces. At that moment i just decided to cut my costs, sell the CPU to a friend for cheap, put the board in storage and switch over to newer generation. As X99 was the a DDR4 system, i could reuse pretty much everything except the board and CPU, thus cutting my losses.

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

:( that sucks a lot. The current cooler is an aio so no weight issues but as its from ebay I don't n ow what the previous owner did.

I've loaded all memory sockets and refuses to see anything in the B and C slots... Regardless of which ram I use in those slots. Seems very strange - especially as it knows something is there as it gets some of the ram information!

Given I've tried two different sets of ram make is it worth trying to rma the motherboard if possible?

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Yes, i would report it as a board issue, sadly.

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

sigh - will see if I can RMA it this weekend then