1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Shiny Rainbow

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Phenom, 11 Jun 2018.

1. Phenom

Phenom What's a Dremel?

Hi every body,

I present to you a small project i start a long time now...

This project is based on a phanteks shift X anthracite , the idea is to associate two tendency " RGB and polished aluminium ".

The goal for me is to realise a sober project with good cable management and add some aluminium plate to get a harmonious result.

The sponsors who followed me in this project are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Je les remercies chaleureusement car sans eux et sans vous rien ne serait possible.

this is the configuration of the project :

Processor : Intel core I7 8700k

Motherboard: Asus Z370i gaming

VGA : Asus gtx 1080 8go

Ram : Gskill trident RGB 16go 3000Mhz

SSD : Intel SSD 600P M2 1to

SSD : Intel Optane 16go

Power Supply : Bequiet SFX 600W

Cable : Cablemod personnalize

First step on this case , add some plate to hide the PSU and the bottom of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This two plates will be paint in black when the case will be totally finish.

next is time of sanding and polishing with belgom alu

i start to sanding with grain 80 because the metal got a special hard treatment before i start to got the natural aluminium.

First step with grain 120 and the result was : " i go grain 80 or i order a ton of grain 120 "

[​IMG]

Finally we take the grain 80 , i use 5 disk by face of the case.

[​IMG]

Yes it s really better

we try the polishing to test

[​IMG]

Résult : awesome

lets go !!!

First passage for polishing :

[​IMG]

second passage , third and others :

[​IMG]

Then we arrive to a correct result :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] " on way to polishing again "

I decide to paint the top ot the case too , but before i polished all the line and paint all in black exept the top of the line, the result is perfect.

J'en ai profiter pour faire la partie supérieur du boitier aussi , j'ai appliquer la même méthode ponçage + polissage puis j'ai peint en noir tout le reste en ne laissant que les lignes du haut.

[​IMG]

It s time for hardware, i mount a part of the configuration. to ensure all was of for the dimension.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I m really impressed to imagine 1 to on this small things

We test the cable from cablemod.

[​IMG]

this is the version pro with metal cablecomb, this cable are awesome, never hesitate to buy it.

[​IMG]

We add an awesome ekwb watercooling bloc specially realise for this motherboard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same treatment for the VGA

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I am to contact by an old modder which work to phanteks and which participated in the development of this case which proposes me of sponsored certain products.

A few weeks later I receive at my home Halos Lux Rgb Frame taken out a few months ago only in CES 2018, a pack RGB strips and a box has tools terribly effective and of a really good finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we put it on the case

[​IMG]

Then I noticed that in the case there was a space side GPU which was rather ugly once the installed configuration, we saw many cable and not bad really ungraceful thing there.

I thus began to realize an aluminum plate hide all this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still feel myself for this plate of " raw or polite " metal.

Then we passed in the tubing full house metal: (the first time for me and I made it found that very easy)

The tubes of acrylic and those metal stands out in the same way in the end.

I used one cuts tube which we find in the business for the plumbers.

[​IMG]

I have of to drill holes for the pump because even if there is one platesin this case which take care of my pump the configuration was not adapted has what I wanted to make.

Voucher a the end of day, always the same bad problem in the finger but the result is really beautiful.

I wonder I even to have ended him in the 1 day.

I have to proceed to the paint of plates alu " alim mask and bottom of case " in black, to realize the cable management.

The project is not crazy is there because I wanted him sober and simple, not by feignantise but because I want that it adapts itself for example has an environment of lounge quoted of a TV.

There is all the same 70 working hours on this case, the polishing, the cutting and the folding of rooms to create for the case having taken me more than 70 % of my time.

The final photos are thus for soon.

Thanks to all to support us, quite your small messages, your likes, your sharings, Thank you.

samarlian and JejeLaPelle like this.
  2. Phenom

Phenom What's a Dremel?

Hey guys final photos..

Enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.
  3. samarlian

samarlian Minimodder

very nice love the polished front

4. Landux

Landux What's a Dremel?

Wow, i love the vertical style of your rig, first time I see something like this!

5. kim

kim hardware addict

wow, beautiful...you should have post it in the project log section