1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod project decision

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Alwayz Dead, 16 Nov 2003.

1. Alwayz Dead

Alwayz Dead What's a Dremel?

Need some feedback ………

I’m looking to water cool my current system – xmas prezzie to myself – :D but I was thinking that I would like to tart up the look of the whole thing as I’m going to be pulling it apart and stuff.

A while ago I built the guts of the PC into my desk and I have never been 100% happy as A, I never really finished it and B, there were one or two aspects that I didn’t like such as the drive bay area which needs to be stealthed. Anyway, if you care to go to:

http://www.clarkiesworld.co.uk/BOT/bot2.htm

You will see what I am looking to do but I can’t decide upon tarting the basic look of the thing (see mockup 3) or going for a complete face lift as in mockup 1 & 2. It becomes clearer once you see the pix.

Constructive feedback welcome along with ideas and stuff. Also some pointers in the direction of water cooling for around £150.00 to £175.00. Some of the kits available now seem to be very good and ideal for a noob at this water cooling lark.

Cheers!

Oh......... not sure if I slapped this in the right place :duh: ........soz if I havn't

2. furious

furious What's a Dremel?

Third one. :rock: Luv the decal.

3. I like 2 and 3, both look real good, how long did it take to build your comp into your desk like that??

4. Alwayz Dead

Not a decal its a resin mould I painted hanging on the wall at the moment that I thought might look OK.

The main work was spread over a couple of weekends then odd bits came after as they came up.

Thanks for the feedback

5. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

3 looks awful

2 looks alright, 1 I don't like much. I like it a great deal as it is. Very cool.

6. furious

furious What's a Dremel?

IMHO go with the third, but leave out the "box" on top. Everything else :thumb:

7. Alwayz Dead

Wierd isn't it but MRPLOW's opinion is where I am now, I seem to have gone round in circles - hence the reason for this post.

The other option not consdered is leaving it as it but buliding a new drive bay area with stealthed drive fronts. What brought on the extra metal (box on the top in mockup3) was a way to conceal the leads and stuff. The mobo is turned through 90 degrees and although its great for access it looks untidy so any ideas in this area alone ?