1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Replacement for SP2500 speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 16 Sep 2019.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Hi All

So the very very sad day has come, my wonderful Corsair SP2500's went pop, audibly! I'm going to try repairing them, as a moderate repair is easily within my skillset, but failing that what would people reccomend? 2.1 speakers, with a similar power and performance to the SP2500's please, less thann £200, with built in DAC as I just don't have the inclination for any kind of external DAC setup, the soundcard built into most modern motherboards is fine more me. Mainly for music, gaming, TV, movies. Music wise I go for electronics, DnB, industrial, psytrancy stuff, so bass is a must. A feature like the SP2500's to disable the bass with a button press would be great. Let me know your sugestions.

Thanks!

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Bump, no suggestions?

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Difficult one that - I used to love my SP2500's but they (well the sub) were just too big when I got evicted from my man-cave into the dining room. From what I can tell the SP2500s were the last in a bit of a dying breed of PC gaming specific 2.1 speaker setups. You'll find some soundbars nowadays and a lot of 5.1 setups but other than that... A second hand set of SP2500s? Not exactly helpful I know...

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Shame that as they seem to fit the bill almost 100% (other than possibly not being able to turn off the sub with the remote).

Edit: Any thoughts as to what's actually wrong with the SP2500's?

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Understandable that the budget is an issue... but the cheaper stuff like for example the Logitech Z623 or Creative Kratos S5 don't measure up to the SP2500 at all.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm looking into it, but I just wanted ann idea as a fall back! Its so annoying corsair discontinued them as there's nothing like them out there!

Yep, thats what I'm discovering :(

I've never seen the point in wasting money and power on a 5.1, I just want a decent 2.1 as they're normally far far better for the price.