1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ Thermaltake Invitational 2019 S2 - CANVAS

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by timpelay, 31 Oct 2019.

1. timpelay

timpelay What's a Dremel?

The back panel of the case will need a cut out in the same size as my mountain. This because I want to keep the chassi as slim as possible with the closes acrylic to fit in that space with the led strips.

I printed the model on A3 sized paper and taped it together to get the proper outline. I attached it to the backside and used it to jiggsaw the right shape.

[​IMG]

Here we go!

The radiator will still have like 75% direct air flow throughout the perforated section, But as the radiator will be fitted with a 40-50 mm gap all air will easily pass through the vents.

[​IMG]

The back side acrylic sheet closes to the chassi got the "sky" painted in a light blue color. As the acrylic is diffuse/white this back painted blue will leave a soft color to view at the front.

I've decided to not have any lights in this section and also don't want any light to sneak out here.

[​IMG]

My second revision foot was printed in grey and needed a bit of surface treatment and black paint to keep up to the same level as the other parts.

[​IMG]

So the mounting procedure is done in a special way to get as stable and possible without any unessesary visual screws.

I've attached a laser cut 4 mm thick acrylic ring to the bottom of the foot as the ball bearing turning plate builds approx 10 mm.

Then I'll attach a second acrylic to the wooden plate/foot and countersink the turning plate a few mm into it for perfect fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. timpelay

The entire front of the case will be covered with opal - white back painted acrylic. A job that took me alot of time measuring and drawing the case and its components.

I then laser cut all pieces after my drawings and had them painted. Here on the picture with the blue protection still on.

I also decided to design the covers to be single cable passthroughs for all my sleeved cables. It will look tidy and minimalistic with short cables just entering the acrylic.

[​IMG]

The sponsored SSD from Plextor is a PCI-E version with integrated M.2 SSD. My layout makes the PCI-E SSD placement tricky and not that clean. So I decided to use the M.2 straight on the motherboard and mod the SSD heatsink instead. I cut it down to a sleek shape and will use it as a cover for the PCI-E riser cable instead. Gonna look pretty #### cool [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As this mod will be an art piece I will use alot of mirror acrylic to put a new look on things!

- Radiator cover

- D5 pump back

- CPU block

- PSU cable shroud

Here I'm cutting the radiator cover. I always try to implement my logo and design into every piece of my mods.

[​IMG]

Will look amazing with the protection removed!

[​IMG]

Final assembly!

The best part when all parts come together and form what you have been working on for so long!

There's much details to show but I will keep that to my final pictures!

[​IMG]

First start!

How about we set som LEDs up [​IMG]

See you at the finishline!

[​IMG]

craigbru and Cheapskate like this.
  3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

NEAT. :D

timpelay likes this.
  4. timpelay

:clap:

5. warboy

warboy Insane modder

Wow! Amazing idea!

timpelay likes this.
  6. timpelay

Thanks mate!

7. Tech Cave

Tech Cave What's a Dremel?

really interesting idea, never seen it before, nice!