1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44638, 24 Apr 2020.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

More Linus stuff

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Jun 2020
    Vault-Tec and Yaka like this.
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That is the worst title for this thread :p

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

But you still could have put something like 'Awesome AI noise suppression' and then is brackets (hardware and software technically) :)

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

The title/post is almost clickbait, not actually saying anything :D

5. GeorgeStorm

Or you could just edit the thread/post to add a little more information :)

6. GeorgeStorm

Doesn't really apply here, since you can edit and change what you've done in a couple of seconds ezpz, and remember this is the internet, so need to take things with a pinch of salt and try not to take everything to heart.

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Sweet jeebus, settle down Jeff.

ontopic - I want this so much, sadly forbidden fruit (AMD/MacOS). Here's to hoping AMD will follow suit. I've not had much luck with the background noise reduction I've tried but this is truly something.

I've had people comment they can hear my keyboard and mouse clicks with the onboard webcam mic (Logi Streamcam). I've since repurposed an A/V measurement mic (miniDSP UMIK-1) which has improved matters, but still not perfect.

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Yet through the magic of the internet, you have the opportunity to consider what you have said before you say it, and can even go back retrospectively and change what you say.

But let that be the end of it.

Back on topic (permanently please) If anyone has had success with other background noise suppression software, I'd love to hear about it.

9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Apparently this works amazingly. A buddy of mine has to conference work colleagues and one has a screaming kid. It has now vanished completely :D

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Tried it on my 2nd machine which has a GTX 1660Ti in it, and it didn't work.

Got it installed and then enabled it and it was still picking up all the background noise etc so it got uninstalled and I will stick with my OBS noisegate and Discord doesn't really have an issue I don't get any complaints so yeah this isn't worth it for me seeing as it didn't work.

12. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I've been using Krisp to do the same thing, without the RTX requirement. With my 'spirited' 2 year old at home wanting my attention right next to me, my team say they can't hear her.

Plus, with their reference system and me spreading the word around at work (all using our work emails), i've managed to rack up free Pro version until august 2021 :grin:

Arboreal likes this.
  13. Iamrogue

Iamrogue 40yo boy with lots of hardware

I use my RTX to play WoW Classic, cant imagibe i need RTX now or in a future for that but i also think it would be cool for nvidia to upgrade wows engine to add rtx :D