1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the forums, I guess I will start with my build

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Smoked Brisket, 29 Apr 2020.

1. Smoked Brisket

Smoked Brisket What's a Dremel?

Case Lian Li PC011(not dynamic)
    3700x
    Gskill neo 32gb
    Asrock Taichi x570
    Powercolor 5700xt liquid devil
    Barrow fittings
    HWLabs rads
    Singularity Res with D5
    EK velocity cpu block
    Noctua Chromax fans

IMG_2424.JPG IMG_2425.JPG IMG_2426.JPG IMG_2428.JPG IMG_2429.JPG IMG_2431.JPG IMG_2452.JPG IMG_2453.JPG IMG_2454.JPG

Bloody_Pete and adidan like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Welcome @Smoked Brisket , make yourself comfortable.

Tidy build you have there :thumb:

3. Smoked Brisket

Thanks, I appreciate that. One thing I learned on this one is to not use a marker on your tubes even if it the same color as the fluid. As you can see in a couple of places it still shows. I think the original PC011 looks classier than the dynamic but it has airflow issues. I used spacers for the tempered glass side panel to let air in and that seems to have done the trick. After an hour of gaming(Outer Worlds, FFIV) the gpu will sit in the high forties, and the cpu will sit in the mid 60's.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm the opposite to you there, I think it seems ill thought out. I do love my Dynamic though :)

Edit: I also just came across this one which seems like a great little watercooling case! Lian Li are really nailing it!

5. Smoked Brisket

I totally agree that the original is not well thought out, I just think it has a simpler, dare I say, classier look. I am about to start a new build with old parts in a Lian Li Lancool2. They are killing it, I agree.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. ivory2k19

ivory2k19 Minimodder

Liquid devil :rock:
    Nice i like clean builds :thumb:

7. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

Very nice but no intake fans?

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Negative pressure Cheesecake :happy:

9. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

It may look like a cheesecake to you but I promise you it is a pc lol

10. Smoked Brisket

Theoretically the front fans pull air in. I will admit, not a well thought out case, hence the standoffs. Check the pics, i bought some spacers to allow the side panel glass to stand off about half an inch. This was a very strange case for lian Li in terms of the white version. The white version does not have holes to allow an 80mm exhaust fan, all other versions do. The only usable intake is from the top or the bottom. They did provide a bracket that was supposed to allow a 360 rad and intake from the side but as you can see that side intake is not good. So If you check the pics I added some standoffs to the side glass panel to basically make this a semi open air case. Another big problem with this build is the noctua chromax fans. These are disturbingly weak fans and I actually feel mislead as a consumer because these fans were marketed to be great rad fans. They certainly were not cheap. I guarantee that if I had used my 6 year old nbeloops that my temps would be 5 degrees lower across the board. As it stands the 3700x hits highs of around 75 during a long gaming session(ambient 21) and the gpu hits highs of 45. Not spectacular, I would expect a 3700x to hit 67 or so in a perfect custom loop and the gpu to be just a bit lower. However, these are definitely solid temps in a build that sacrificed airflow for aesthetics. I am tempted every day to just get a lian li dynamic xl and do the same build I have seen a thousand times. RESIST!