1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft Flight Simulator could lead to $2.6 billion of hardware sales

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Aug 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Not interested until they add the SR71 lol.

I want to see how fast I can fly from Heathrow to Philly !

liratheal likes this.
  3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Don't need high frame rates fortunately so with med settings I can even run it on my laptops 1050, which is fortunate as the bloody game refuses to install on my Ryzen gaming system :duh:

Its nice but really need more game to it for me, stealth fighter remade in this engine would be nice.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Do you get any errors when trying to install or does it just not "start"? I have it running fine on my Ryzen based PC (sig). This is with the GamePass version installed directly to a separate SSD to the C: Drive. .

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It just doesn't download everything and disappears, I have read that it could be to do with wireless devices disconnecting, so I am trying for the 4th time with wired kb/m.

One point it downloaded 90 odd gb and on restart wanted a further 3gb patch and that download would not even initialise nothing to do with kb/m but I am hopeful, I did a cheeky disconnect before patch check and that let me into game but then on loading the levek the blue bar fully loaded and it just sat there.

Its flawless on my Zenbook accepting its performance limitations of course, very odd.

I might try different processor modes or shutting down some core on my threadripper.

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Well finally got it to work, seems the wired devices did the trick, went back to my wireless setup, seems if I turn my mouse off it does a crash to desktop, so definitely gets its knickers in a twist with wireless devices disconnecting.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That kind of prediction is basically impossible to verify later on. I mean sure, specific hardware/peripherals for flight sim games could be connected. But general hardware (CPU/GPU upgrades and the likes)?

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Indeed, just because the game telemetry phones home to MS that you are playing on a 2080ti today and on a 3090 on 14th Nov doesn't mean you upgraded due to this particular game.

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Downloaded this on game pass, playing with keyboard and mouse is horrible so I tried to buy a joystick. Can't find a decent anywhere one for love nor money - all sold out everywhere. So I guess this article might have a grain of truth in it already...

Tags: Add Tags