1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The1, 23 Feb 2002.

1. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Hi all,
    Ive just tried to set up a monitor as a second screen. However i can get it to work with the dual monitor thingy so i can drag programs onto that screen, but i cant raise it above the bottom settings (resolution, etc). Microsoft help suggessts installing drivers for it, ive installed the default ones and it still wont go up. I also have searched for the proper drivers but cant find them. Ne ideas ne one, BTW the monitor is an olivetti DSM 50-148 its old and sucks please help! Thanks.

2. xrs444

xrs444 What's a Dremel?

What card(s) are you using (dual head or two seperates), O/S, diver versions, motherboard etc etc..?

3. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Im using my laptop, its dual head and running Xp pro, Im running on the built in Tridant Cyberblade Ti (8 meg(It sucks))

Last edited: 23 Feb 2002
  4. xrs444

xrs444 What's a Dremel?

not familiar with that chipset, are those the latest XP drivers you're running? If so, have you tried re-installing them? What does it say about the secondary display in device mangler?

5. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

No i have to use the deafault ones which xp installs as the company (Tiny, i know i had a temporary lapse of sanity when i bought my laptop) i got my laptop off wont make ones 4 xp, and tridant dont make updated drivers for their laptop cards as they have to be designed to run the LCD screens. In device manager my second screen is called "default monitor" and it says it is running normally or whatever. Ive tried installing all the drivers it recogmends, im just going to try to install a random companies driver to see if that works

6. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

yey ive fixed it, I uninstalled then reinstalled my graphics card and it now works