1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A-bit NF-S2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Krikkit, 14 Dec 2003.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ok guys, i'm taking the plunge due to this naff motherboard. What i'd like to know is which one shall I go for and where?
    I'm in the UK so none of you yanks posting one for $60 with free delivery... :p
    First i'd like to know a couple of things:

1) It seems to be that there's quite a few different PCB colours, i seem to recall nasty brown :)miffed:) and red, but is there a black one, or something like dark green etc available from somewhere?

2) Where's the best place to buy one from (in the UK of course :p), considering cheapness of delivery etc..?

2. BenJa

BenJa What's a Dremel?

I guess this is the point where a mod will slap me, and tell me that I should read the forum rules instead of clicking the dreaded agree button...

but a good place online is www.cpucity.co.uk

3. reGen

reGen Minimodder

it only has 1 colour and its a lovely orange, just bad pictures make it look brown. cpucity is the best place to buy it from imo i got it from there myself

4. Krikkit

It's not against the forum rules to post a link in here afaik, i've done it a fair few times and nobody's said a thing... But you definately should read the forum rules - that a mod will shout at ye for... :nono:

Thanks for the help though.

5. phenomx3

phenomx3 What's a Dremel?

I love the NF7-S. it looks real sweet and is all so sweet.

Get it at Komplett.co.uk for cheapest

6. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

7. phenomx3

Komplett is cheapest prices and has cheap delivery...doesnt have stepping info for CPUs though even when emailed.

8. Krikkit

So if i order it from Komplett, is there any chance of knowing which colour MoBo i'll get?

9. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

All the NF7-S ive played with have been the same shade of reddy brown. Not the nicest colour but then colour is not important to me, well not as important as function.

<off topic> This reminds me of going shopping for a car with the wife....
    I say "ooh ive seen a nice car in the paper, were going to look at it tomorrow, Its got loads of extras, low mileage and the bloke is virtually giving it away."
    She says "What colour is it?"
    I say "Red"
    She says "nah dont like red, Just going to have to find a different car, i saw a nice blue one though, no engine, but it was a lovely colour"
    Sorry for the interlude</off topic>

10. Krikkit

:hehe: It's so true, colour is very important in a lot of products - personally i think that the dark-reddy-brownish MoBo looks the best, i'm sick of having a dirt-brown motherboard when there's pictures of one with a black/dark purple PCB like my GFX card - it'd be nice if i matched them ye see...

11. mushky

mushky gimme snails

yeah, V2 is orangey-copper colour like so

12. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

oh i quite understand. Really i do, and i wasnt belittling your topic, it just reminded me of some of those infuriating conversations i have had with my misus :lol:. If i had all matching boards it would be good, but i want it to perform as good as it looks, and we all agree that the NF7-S wins performance wise.

[edit] Are the v1 and v2 boards different colours then? Ive only played with v2s.[/edit]

13. phenomx3

They are all redy brown.

Fivecheebs...I know where your coming from...

14. HellDiver

HellDiver What's a Dremel?

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I've seen one v2.0 NF7 in green. Yep. Green. OEM board in some random clone that was in for repair (bad HDD).

15. phenomx3

wow that is cool. I would have bought a DFI Lan party if it had mounting holes