1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Dymo LabelWriter 450 Printing Blank Labels

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Big Elf, 12 Mar 2021.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If your printer is now printing blank labels it's probably a Windows update that's screwed it.

Dymo suggest uninstalling and reverting to DYMO Label Software v.8.5.4 but unhelpfully don't provide an embedded link.

I uninstalled the current version and installed 8.5.1 and my printer is now working again. Make sure you have all your address books backed up before starting.

Edit: The link to 8.5.4 is on the Dymo Home Page

Last edited: 12 Mar 2021
    David likes this.
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

ffs, I've had my 450 in pieces trying to figure out what broke!! :lol:

3. Big Elf

I was lucky. I'd done a Windows update earlier so was able to work out pretty quickly that it might be related. After saying that I had another LabelWriter 450 in my Amazon basket before I realised that might be the reason followed by a quick google to check.

I use mine on a regular basis, especially since I found you can laminate the genuine labels. Generic labels go grey when you laminate them.

4. David

Still got a problem with the rollback - I keep getting an out of paper error.

5. Big Elf

I uninstalled mine including the drivers before reinstalling. I also uninstalled something else Dymo related at the same time but can't remember what it was.

I also disconnected and reconnected the power and USB leads.

As mentioned above back up your address books as the uninstall might remove them depending on whether you installed at the default location.

Just in case none of the above fix it the following is the uninstall instructions Dymo sent me a couple of years ago to help fix a problem:

1. Close Dymo Label Software

2. Disconnect the Dymo printer from the computer

3. Restart your computer with the printer disconnected

4. Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features > and remove Dymo Label Software v8

5. Once the uninstall is completed you go and remove the installation folder:

32bit - C:\Program Files\DYMO (v.8.x.x)

64bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO (v.8.x.x)

5.1 Go to C:\ProgramData and remove the DYMO folder

5.2 Go to C:\Users\-Your-User Name-\Documents and remove the DYMO Label folder

6. Go to this hidden folder - C:\Users\-Your-User Name-\App Data\Local\ , and remove DYMO and Sandford,_L.P folders

7. Reboot the computer once more, to make sure that the changes have been made. Still keep the printer disconnected.

8. Once the computer has restarted, download and install the latest version of the software

9. Once the installation is completed, then connect the printer directly to the computer, do not use a USB hub or docking station, and make sure that Windows finds and installs the printer correctly.

10. Open up Control Panel > Device & Printers and see if the printer shows up as a Printer

Last edited: 13 Mar 2021
    David likes this.
  6. David

Cheers - I'll have a go at it in the morning.

7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

8. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Just uninstall the Windows update - it fixes it :)

9. Big Elf

How do you stop the update from installing again?

10. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Just pause updates until MS fix their **** :D.

My 450 printed a blank today, I remember reading an article a few days ago so I dug it out and read it, typical MS breaking things.