1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals PC bluetooth - multiple devices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sotu1, 11 Mar 2021.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Hi guys,

My new PC build will have a bluetooth receiver built in (INTEL AX200 Wifi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0). I'm wondering if it can handle multiple bluetooth devices at the same time - or would those devices still require a separate USB dongle plugged in? I'm most realistically going to be using:

Wireless keyboard (logitech G613 keyboard)
    Wireless headphones - not purchased yet
    Wireless Xbox pad - not purchased yet
    Possibly a wireless mouse too

Thanks!

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Bluetooth can handle multiple devices at once.
    I'm not sure about the new XBOX pads if they can use bluetooth or if they need their own dongle still but most keybopards & mice come with a dongle that can give better performance than generic bluetooth

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I do this and haven't had any issues, I do this on older bluetooth and newer Ax210, I don't use a Bluetooth Xbox controller though, I use the windows RF receiver thing for 360 pad.

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Just tested my Sennheiser Momentum 2 bluetooth headphones with my PC....sounds sh*t! Not sure why this is. The headphones work fine with my Samsung S20.
    Am curious if Bluetooth controller will be laggy....will be a huge shame if it is :(

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

My wife has the same headphones and they sound fine. These headphones are notorious for Bluetooth issues however, which is why the were on the market for at most a year.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

The xbox series controller will work over bluetooth. I've recently got one.

Make sure you connect via its USB-C interface first (wire not included) and update firmware through Microsoft Accessary app from the Windows app store. The firmware update fixed my re-connection issue.

However, the bluetooth controller method generates 2 controllers in some programs. One standard bluetooth controller and another xbox controller. Some games, like Wreckfest, couldn't decide which one to use by default. I found running Steam in the background fixes this for all the games I've tested.