1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Pulling Lots of Favors

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jordan Twiss, 10 May 2021.

1. Jordan Twiss

Jordan Twiss What's a Dremel?

Adjusted case render-min (1).png This is my first mod so I can't really afford buy nicer looking hardware, so all of this is meant to just be used with the parts I already have already and replace my meshify C (and make my friends jealous of my sick looking pc:) ). I 3d molded the entire case and attached my renders. I am planning on making the aluminum back plate first, and will keep you guys up to date with more updates as soon as I can. Let me know if you have any questions or I'm doing anything wrong. Adjusted case render cable comb (1) (1) (1).png
    I test printed the cable management for the power cables and I think it turned out perfectly . I'm still waiting for my test print of the io bracket to finish before I actually start the wood working. I was thinking of using black walnut for the wood but open to other suggestions. cable management (1).jpg
    Sorry I have been away for while but here is the 3d printed test print of io plate. The io plate fits pretty well and hope to start woodworking next week and I am expecting my Motherboard backplate/radiator mount to arrive in the next 2 weeks. My dads friend does metal and glass work so he is actually laser cutting, bending, and powder coating it for us. 20210527_085540.jpg 20210512_134629.jpg 20210512_134622.jpg
    I finally got my metal parts in the mail today. They said it would be 2 day shopping but it took over a week. Now i just got to drop off my peices for bending and painting. I also have decided to go with bolivian rose wood for my rear io plate, psu shroud and cable management guides but still unsure of what finish. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Last edited: 11 Jun 2021
  2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

You could consider making the channels a little narrower and having slots for the cable combs, wouls make it really neat. Looks amazing regardless!

Karrek likes this.
  3. Jordan Twiss

Jordan Twiss What's a Dremel?

If I knew what I was doing with that stuff I would love to, but I don't want to mess something up when rewiring all the power cables especially since I have a weird thermal take psu.