1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Help me name that show

Discussion in 'General' started by Zoon, 10 May 2016.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

So in the 90s there was a kids tv show and I have been trying to remember the name for so, so long.

Here is what I remember about it.

1. It was set in a british town.
    2. It had the guy from the bisto advert with Linda Lusardi in.
    3. There was a small family of super humans with powers, like one was in control of 'music', mostly teenagers, brothers iirc, who ruled the 'aspects' of the town. They were referred to almost as demi gods. They had their own gangs and hideouts in various places.
    4. The central character is the brother who can control time, he reset time and forgot he was one of the brothers, as you eventually find out. This brother having forgotten himself, essentially appears to be a member of a 2.4 children family, and slowly finds out he forgot who he was.
    5. The aforementioned Bisto advert guy was one of the brothers.

If anyone knows who the guy in the advert is I could probably find it via imdb.

Last edited: 10 May 2016
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i thought it was "round the twist" but im not too sure

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

"A kind of Magic?"

It shows on IMDb as 1990 but there isn't any info on there as to what its about.

4. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Definitely Bisto and Linda Lusardi, or do you mean OXO and Lynda Bellingham?

The OXO dad was Michael Redfern if that helps

5. Zoon

Round the Twist was the australian one with the kids who live in the lighthouse. Also brings back many memories but not the one I was thinking of.
    Wikipedia says that's french and animated, this was live action, and most definitely english.
    No, definitely Bisto and Linda Lusardi.

The guy was a kind of simple looking actor, known for playing a few thug-simpleton roles around that era.

On the Bisto advert he was given the choice between going to see Linda Lusardi or having Bisto on his meal. He chose the latter. If I could just find him I might be able to work it out!!

There was lots of bomber jackets around I seem to recall. They were 'in' around the time.

6. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Damn, I can just about remember it, but struggling to say the name!

7. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

The one on IMDb isn't an animation show, a bit of digging shows it to have been a magician's show (durr, whoda thunk it with that title!) with LL as the glamorous assistant.

There is another show with LL mentioned in the cast but with the amount of Dr Who actors (plus in mentions U.N.I.T. in the description) I assume its a spin off from Dr Who so I don't think its what you're after. Here's the link to it anyway:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111824/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

8. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

You, my friend, are thinking of Archer's Goon. The Man from the Bisto Adverts is Morgan Jones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zoon likes this.
  9. Zoon

I am definitely thinking of that! Perfect. Thank you. This has been bothering me for years. Along with remembering the name of Once Upon a Time... Life https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time..._Life a couple of months back I've been much more satisfied with my lot in life...

Edit: Watch it on Youtube for free. I'm up to episode 4 already!

Last edited: 11 May 2016
  10. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I'm rewatching there too - Was going to mention it, but thought I'd err on the side of caution and let you lot have a look yourselves!

11. Zoon

Glad I helped you remember it too :)

12. Zoon

Sorry everyone for the thread necro, but I have a mildly amusing story to tell.

Today I was trying to tell my gorgeous fiancé about this program and so I googled “man in bisto advert Linda lusardi” and sure enough this very post, my post, was the top result.

Here’s to you Morgan Jones, let this post forever be how people find out your name based on the fact you were in a bisto advert with Linda Lusardi.

Wonder if the next time I need to find this post I will be married to said fiancé and what I’ll be doing. Weird. Feels a bit like a time capsule.

ElThomsono, Hamfunk and Byron C like this.