1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News South Korea's professional gamers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dad, 16 Dec 2003.

1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

From the BBC:

South Korea likes to describe itself as the world's most wired country - 70% of households have high-speed internet connections.

That level of access has fuelled a craze for cyber games that appears to consume an entire generation.

Gaming over the internet has proved so popular that professional teams backed by corporate sponsors now play in the world's first pro league.

Ten members of a professional gaming team sponsored by the mobile phone company KTF train all day long in a cramped three room apartment. In their late teens and early 20s, they are all at their computer screens blazing away at aliens - their fingers a blur on the keyboard.

Some of them make more than $100,000 a year.

But there is a price to pay. They live packed together in their company barracks, and are expected to spend 12 hours or more each day at a bank of computer terminals.

Full article here ...

Some of these guys make ofer $100k a year!? Dang man! Where do I sign up???

2. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

no no no
    Sweden is the mekka of broadband (and some more-->women!!!!)

3. dws

dws What's a Dremel?

bwahahahahahhaa... did you see that rediculous outfit that guy is wearing? I think someone wishes he was in Tron or something.

Tags: Add Tags