1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Julie's Pants.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vault-Tec, 31 Oct 2021.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh and I remade the RGB ring adapter plate in flat black, with the correct sized hole. Not posting pics of it in action as the rig sort of looks complete. So I will just wait til I've ironed out all of the BS issues and post the final pics.

2. Vault-Tec

Did this last time I was here.

[​IMG]

Fixed the RGB today. Finished up all of the wiring, apart from the pump. I also made this to cover the panel that gives you access to the wiring.

[​IMG]

As for the GPU? I solved it. Firstly the VRAM is factory overclocked. This would be fine if it was fully tested and worked like that on the air cooler. Only it doesn't. Temps are Borat. Verrrry nice.

[​IMG]

And so is the enormous OC.

Name that movie for a free kick in the noots.

3. Vault-Tec

I have now fixed the loop. It needs possibly one more thing, will explain at the end.

[​IMG]

No more leaning tower of Bitspower.

Aura Sync = fail. Yesterday the CPU block started flickering. I thought the LEDs were dead. Turns out that the controller simply cannot handle all of the RGBees. The res started doing it next. So I have gone back to the controller and just found a few modes I like.

But yeah, between that and Icue not doing what it should either I've lost a lot of hair. Really annoying crap. So now I have red with a white rotational flash. Looks awesome.

[​IMG]

Only took about 30 photos to get the timing right lol. The fix btw was this.

[​IMG]

I've ordered a Barrow one in chrome just like it but I already had that. In the loop. When I began I did not have the chrome 11/8 rotary 90 I bought (there was one left) so I used the black one I already had and that T ball to do another 90. Last night I realised I could use those, so that is now done.

Which leaves one thing I need to do to the loop. Fit a flow pipe into the res, or, drill a M4 hole in it so I can fill it properly so the coolant doesn't splash and introduce bubbles. There is only one way to avoid it, and that is to use the back port (like, in the back) as the entrance. However, I would have had to cut the entire chassis apart for that. Sod that.

Cheapskate likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Just made and installed the new button panel. In a place that doesn't get covered with wires and USB cables. Case had no reset switch, which I wanted. Thankfully I found these in my projects box so they cost me nothing. Have braided with carbon braid and will wire them in tomorrow.

[​IMG]

5. Vault-Tec

OK so like I said the pump was hitting the glass. Well, the pump top. That's what these are for.

[​IMG]

Just one problem. They are M5. The bolts that go through them are M6. So yup, I just had to drill out 8 of them. That may sound rather easy, well good luck holding them lol. Eventually I won. I only wrecked one, but that was OK 'cause I got 10 and only needed 8.

[​IMG]

A much better solution than stacking silver washers in there (Seen another guy with the same issue). Antec should provide spacers really. A water cooling case needs to be very flexible and this? well it just isn't.

Et "Viola" (yes that's a deliberate typo because its my fave.)

[​IMG]

We soldier on.

Cheapskate likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

One side finished. Will order the epoxy resin and dye on Monday for the front.

[​IMG]

7. Vault-Tec

Oh and I noticed yet another F up in the design. That lower panel? it hits the fan. There's a poo joke to be had there.... Funny AF though. How could they have overlooked that? by designing a water cooling case and not actually trying the facking cooling gear in it? lmao.

8. Vault-Tec

OK well she's about as done as she needs to be in order to get decent pics. All of the other stuff is mainly just for my OCD.

Light on case off. Ignore the stupid RGB on the board I have turned that off in standby so many times and it just ignores that and farts rainbows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Light on LED on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Night mode. AKA full evil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Videos incoming shortly.

9. censored_Prometheus_

censored_Prometheus_ Minimodder

My God, I don't see the idea anymore, I just enjoy the process. :duh::dremel::dremel::dremel::thumb:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Man she's a keeper :rock: that colour is sex :jawdrop:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Thanks. I never got around to the kevlar because my mother was diagnosed with cancer. So I just got it working (as I need it to order the shopping etc and stuff she needs) and have pretty much left it there. She goes in for her op on Monday. It hasn't spread thank the lord, so there's that.

Things are going to be a bit up in the air for a while but I will get that done.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I wish your mom good luck with the operation. I'm hoping it's a fairly simple one. Be prepared for dye migrating from the op area and making things look scarier than they are.
    The rig is sweet. -She got a fat *ss, though. :lol:
    That's sort of my first impression when I saw the entire room lit up red. Be prepared for random sailors ringing your doorbell.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

The op is keyhole. Hysterectomy via keyhole. They only found one polyp that was cancerous, but her womb has been causing her problems for 3 years. So this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise tbh.

The fat bum is actually very handy. Right now I have it pointed across my desk, wafting warm air over my hands when gaming (nice in the winter). I like the "Dragster with a parachute" look about it tbh.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  14. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Your painting skills are like jedi master level mate, nice build :rock:.
    Thinking of spraying my black phantek evolv x white when the weather gets better, can you recommend some paint.

15. Vault-Tec

I can, but it's how to paint with it that matters. I'll do a rough guide at some point.