1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: Uhh name please!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by r3men4nt, 24 Dec 2003.

1. r3men4nt

r3men4nt What's a Dremel?

I’ve been browsing these forums gaining ideas and useful tricks, also admiring many a mod.

Now it’s time to start my own, I’ll start off by giving a bit of a run down. I’m starting off with filing type cabinet from an old desk we had lying around. I fell in love with this little file storage thing and new I could mod it to goodness.

Specs (current system simply to be moved):
    Mobo // Asus A7N8X-X
    CPU // AMD XP Barton 2500+
    Memory // KINGSTON DDR ECC PC2700 CL2.5 512MB 333MHZ
    Video // ATI RADEON 9800 PRO AGP 128MB
    HDD // Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM, and a Quantum Fireball 20Gb 7200RPM

The basic plan:
    - Dual 120mm intake fans (http://prudhoe.codeword.com/mnpctech/falconkiller/Nov/Fans.jpg style) except the will be horizontal instead of vertical. Not to mention quad green LED fans.
    - I plan to have a blowhole on the left panel acting as an intake, a top blowhole as exhaust along with two other exhausts at the back (all quad green LED fans).
    - Make a recessed black mirrored plexi-glass / lexan / acrylic front. Stealth my burner and my CD-ROM and have a stereo VUMeter mounted behind the plexi-glass / lexan / acrylic front.
    - Cover all psu/fan cable with green UV reactive nylon braid.
    - Replace current IDE cables to 18” green UV reactive ones.
    - The top window and left window will both have intricate designs cut in to them (they also will be black mirrored plexi-glass / lexan / acrylic.
    - I might give a try at etching a design into a possible window on the right hand side of the case
    - Install two 12” green cold cathodes, along with a 4” UV one
    - Install a rheobus (most likely bought, considering I lack skill in electronics)
    - Paint the whole case a matte black with certain pieces accented in a METALCAST green (if I can find a place that carries the paint)

[​IMG]
    The plane old filing thingy, with its roll top style door (I don’t know what to call it)
    [​IMG]
    The door slides on tracks already in place it will be painted a matte black along with the rest of the case exterior and interior.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the hole in the top which will be covered by a door/hood, this will be the only access I will have to the interior of the computer, save for the slide out mobo tray
    [​IMG]
    I have a panel of metal cut and shaped to fit over the top, I will cut a window into it and it will also have a lock to keep those nasty little fingers out and an 80mm blowhole.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the piece I was talking about, it need to be worked over a bit more and I need to bondo those holes over.
    [​IMG]
    The door will hopefully open as so providing access inside.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the mobotray and 5.5” and 3.5” bays I stole from an old case I had lying around
    [​IMG]
    Here is some quickly done sketch up models, showing basic layout
    [​IMG]

2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

double post :rolleyes:

3. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

last four pics not working... looks/sounds good otherwise :dremel:

4. Petrov

Petrov What's a Dremel?

You can call it Project Hangar! That's what that "door" reminds me of... :idea:

5. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I'm getting all red 'x's' instead of pics. As pics are a requirement of Project Logs, I'll have to move it to 'Modding' until you can sort them with reliable hosting (i.e. that can handle a ton of traffic that project logs seem to get). Also the link in there seems to be broken. Let an admin or Moderator know by email when you have done so and we'll move it back.

Regards :)

G-gnome