1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Briefcase Computer First Mod Attempt (needs picture host:( )

Discussion in 'Modding' started by fuzzygoblin, 25 Dec 2003.

1. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

Pictures

:rock: PICTURES :rock:

ok ive made my pictures a little bit more friendly of those of you that are useing dialup or 56k.

BIG UGLY PICTURES ONCE WERE HERE BUT NOW ARE GONE!

unfortunatly thats all for the moment, Uploadit.org wont let me have anymore uploads today so ill have to do the res tommorow and i have to wait till tooorow to get some screws and thermo paste then i can start the modding :dremel: :rock:

Last edited: 10 Jan 2004
  2. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

ahhhh! i'm going blind! everything's so blurry and my eyes burn with the fire of a thousand suns!!! bwaaaaaaaah!!!

(translation=get better pics please :D :lol: )

and can i have eggie the egg whisk?

3. Shogun

Shogun Banned

to help with the pictures, use a tripod to get rid of camera wobble or set it on timer and put it on a table or something. Also check that the camera is set on the right mode. Mine has Close up, medium and long range settings. If they are set on the wrong mode the picture goes out of focus.

Also you put that you are using a geforce 4 5200. The card is actually a geforce fx 5200 ;)

4. fuzzygoblin

oh yeah sorry i was in a hurry so i forgot the fx bit, the camera doesnt have modes liek you said i think i ws just standing to close. do you know any free picture hosting sites?

5. Shogun

Shogun Banned

6. fuzzygoblin

sorry about the pictures guys, if there is an administrator looking can you delete that post and ill get some not so blury pictures.

the new ones will be up in the morning, i cant wait untill tommorw because ill be abel to start my modding. at last.

oh quick question when i try to install windows xp profesional it says it cant be run in dos... do i have to install it over a previous o/s or something?

:dremel: :tommorow :dremel:

7. orb

orb satisfying.

The first pictures good, i think this might turn into a nice mod, im 13 too, and im thinking of doing 1 of these

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

from what i can see, that looks like a great mod, when i was 13 i had no chance of doing anything like that! (oh, and i was in boarding school, so i t would have been pretty unlikely anyway!)

no need, just edit your post, and replace those pics with new ones. (or, easier, replace those pics with new ones, use the same names, and you don't even have to edit the post!)

9. fuzzygoblin

:duh:

oh ok, thanks im new to these forums so i wasnt aware i could edit it, and i belive boarding school would be a problem when rying to preform a good mod, ill just upload my pictures and then ill edit the post.

:duh:

10. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Howdy fuzzygoblin!

I'm getting red 'x's' for the pics and, looking at the descriptions it looks like your still in the planning/component gathering stages. In accordance with the forum rules, I will move this to the 'Modding Section' until the pics are sorted and you have some solid modding work written up and photographed. Email an admin or Mod and we'll unleash you onto the Project Logs once more! :)

A briefcase mod can be a wonderful thing and I look forward to seeing your work! Go Aussie!

:dremel:

11. Malvolio

Malvolio .

To install XP:

Enter into your bios, set it up so the first boot device is "CDROM" then the second boot device is your hard drive, or "C". Then, before you exit your bios, insert the XP disk into your cd-rom drive, exit and save your bios settings, reboot the computer, and boot from the XP cd-rom (it'll ask you "Press Any Key To Boot From CD", and then just hit enter or another key). And the XP cd will then load the files it needs to install itself. From there, just follow the instructions to install a fresh copy of XP on your machine!

Simple as that. Good luck! :dremel:

[EDIT] Btw, fuzzygoblin, I'll host your pictures if need-be. Email me at: malfoleo(at)shaw.ca and just make it clear who you are. I've got unlimited bandwidth, and a ton of room left.[/EDIT]

12. fuzzygoblin

ok g-nome, sorry i dont knwo why the pictures arnt working, i put them on ploadit.org

i will fix it up and get on with it asap

thanks

13. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Just had to say

Eggie rocks!

14. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Just uploaded fuzzy's pictures, and I must ask something, where did you get the slot load drive? I'm wanting one of them :p

15. fuzzygoblin

thanks for the pictures, how do i put links for them in the forum?

i got the sloat laoding dvd from a wholesailer i know but its a "Pioneer 120s" and comes with a beige front i have just sprayed it silver

16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

fuzzygoblin's pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and you use the links to the pictures the same way you did with your other pictures. ;)

17. TX297

TX297 Hey guys have you heard of seenly?

I think you have a upgrade package in which case youdo have to install over a previous OS.

-TX297

18. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

looking good.

I wanted to make a mini-itx box in a small breifcase like that, but I havent come across any that arent nearly the same widh and height as my mid-tower, which is way oversized for mini-itx.

19. Butcher

Butcher What's a Dremel?

Sounds good to me! good luck man :rock:

20. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

I need to get mine finished and posted :sigh: