1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PDA...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Highland3r, 7 Jan 2004.

1. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Possibly considering buying a PDA, anyone got any suggestions?
    Looking to spend under 300 quid, closer to 250 if possible... looking at the H2210 seems the best bet...
    Any other suggestions? And where can i get it the cheapest?

2. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

I'm new to PDA's my self...just got into them at Christmas. I got my wife one and it was so cool I went and got myself one. Anyway when i was looking into them i did a bit of research and here's what I found. The only good thing I heard about the Sony's was that they can use Palm software. The HP's (what you're refering to) are considered pocket pc's not pda's...not sure what the difference is, but reviews said that the OS they use, Windows C i believe, is quite slow and i didnt read anywhere that these were any more versatile than any other pda. What I got was a palm tungsten t2, I think its great but obviously my opinion is somewhat limited, Its fully loaded and has blue tooth and IR and all that already in and its quick... apps load instantly, I havent stressed the processing power yet though. Also there's software everwhere for it. If you consider palm, maybe look into the t3 instead, it cant do any more than the t2 can but it has more ram, a faster processor, and a slightly larger screen, and i dont think its much more money than the t2.

Hope I told you something you didn't already know.

P.S. What the heck does PDA stand for anyway?

3. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Hi,

PDA = Personal Digital Assistant, being widely replaced with the term Pocket PC or handheld PC.

Yeah the Palm OS is OK but I think 2003 has surpassed it!

To be Honest you really need to think about what you are going to use the Pocket PC for ?

For example:-

I use an HP IPAQ 2210 with a 128 Secure Digital Card with Bluetooth connection to a Sat Nav Emtac Global Positioning Device coupled with Tom Tom Nav 2 software = Excllent in Car Navigation :)

If I was U I would get an IPAQ 1940 or 2210 with Pocket PC 2003, good range of accessories and software....

Errmmm let me see - aah www.savastore.com have a good price, but most places are doing good deals if U surf around>> :lol:

Some sites to look at B 4 U buy try -
    http://www.davespda.com/
    http://www.ipaqabilities.com/
    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
    http://www.pocketpcsoft.net/

Happy hunting, :idea:

Matt

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ive got a 2210 :rock:

Great piece of kit, stick a 1gig microdrive in it and ive got a few hours of MP3 listenage n all :D

Problem is, trying to find "open" mobile phones via bluetooth on trains kills the battery :worried: ;)

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Cheers for the replies guys... Money matters (gettin bits for another PC) means i aint gonna be able to afford it now dammit....
    thanks for the advice tho... :D

mods thread can be deleted/closed :D
    thanks again :rock:

6. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Hey Bindi,

The bluetooth and trains, Errrrmm I'mm sure you can set the Bluetooth options to only connect/access with authorised and paired devices ??

Unless you intend to have a look at the personal information! (Can you do that? :confused: :naughty: :nono: )

:) Matt

You could always get a SCOTTeVEST :p

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Na, it just says "search for any bluetooth devises" so i do, and nothing ever appears. I havent got to stage 2 yet, its only out of curiosity.

8. Sid

Sid Banned

Try it in packed nightclubs... works a treat :)

Doesn't cost anythin to send msgs back and forth between phones connected with bluetooth, either.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

HAHA cool. I think ill keep trying, and eventually see who turns round.

10. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

This one!! Sharp Zaurus c700

[​IMG]