1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini-itx mod "the red-eye"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by dom_, 11 Jan 2004.

1. dom_

dom_ --->

well i decided to install the inverter tonight so here are piccies:

[​IMG]
    (without pci card installled)

[​IMG]
    (with tv card)

Hmmm cable ties :)
    If you look very closely you might see just behind the molex's some heatshrink (and a cable tie :)) this is where i removed a floppy power connector, as it is not needed and added extra wire length.

2. dom_

dom_ --->

no update pics today i'm afraid. All that is happening is im spending hours filling metal :miffed:
    which is fun. although this means a window will be done by tomorrow :clap: :clap: have cut the acrylic, just need to cut the whole in the middle for the fan now.
    moh, back to filling :dremel:

3. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

can see how this case would be nice for a xbox mod.

4. dom_

dom_ --->

5. Bossman

Bossman What's a Dremel?

looking forward to seeing the window in the case.

6. dom_

dom_ --->

ok then, main window is still being finished off so i decided to window the laptop style dvd drive.

This was actually really easy :hehe:
    This is how it started...

[​IMG]

You can see the four screws that where removed from the top of the case. The top then just lifted off. Pretty simple so far. Next mark up the area to be cut, i then took a knife and cut this area out (is very thin alu). Cleaned up the edges and the window was cut. Next some perspex was cut to fit with a 5mm gap around the edge. Two part clear epoxy was applied to the edge.
    The plastic was then clamped with hi-tec clothes pegs liberally around the edges. 1 hour later and this is how it looked.

[​IMG]

Very easy and good results.
    Incase you wanted to know cd is a promo of pink floyd Dark side of the moon - Money. In 5.1 with super cd track also. (ripped losless=881Kbps!!)

Should have the case window finished early tomorrow ready for plastic and cold cathode :clap:

7. dom_

dom_ --->

two pics with no cd also...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]