Modding Flame Job Question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Zapho, 24 Jan 2004.

1. Zapho

Zapho What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, I'm trying to get prepared to do my entire project here soon. I picked up one of these off ebay a while ago (Coolermaster ATC-100)
    [​IMG]

I also got some nice metallic blue Duplicolor spray paint that I want to do a nice flame job with. I haven't done any semi-serious painting before, but I know the general procedure for doing a flame job. But I am unsure about a few parts, especially for my case.
    So I've sanded down the panels and gotten a couple coats of primer on them already. I want most of the panels to be this flat-gray, textured paint that I got (actually pretty close to how it looks stock, but I decided to go through all the motions and do it over). But I want the flames (the metallic blue and maybe a little silver) to be nice and smooth. So what order should I do all this painting? Paint the flames first, let dry, then mask off the flames and do the gray textured coat? Or do the entire thing with the texture coat firse, and then do the flames (in that case, should I try to sand down the area for the flames?) or what? I'm a big ol' n00b when it comes to painting, so any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

2. Neph

Neph What's a Dremel?

This should give you a basic idea on how to paint flames.