1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:Binary Harvest (formarly project NO NAME)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tm36usa, 23 Jan 2004.

?

What Should this Project be called?

1. Project : gMono

46.8%
  2. Project : No Name

34.0%
  3. Other (Post the name you want)

19.1%
  1. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Hello Everybody. I am gonna start working on a case mod very soon but i would like to run the ideas over with you guys first. Ok so my plan is to take the AMS gMONO.
    [​IMG]
    (more pics at New Egg.com )
    And Mod it with a bunch of diferent things including a sunbeam rheobus, Matrix Orbital LCD, cold cathodes, PSU sleveing, PSU mods and such. There is a much longer list and i have an Auto Cad drawing. (if any one has Auto Cad and wants to see it and i will try to make it a jpg so everyone can see it.) So if i get some positive feedback (and a little xtra cash :D) i am gonna start this project and continue to update this log. I am also going to have a CPU Rheostat to control my cpu fan(duh) and swiches for the lights and buttons for Volume Up and Volume Down. And the list goes on and on. Please ask questions and i will answer them as best as i can. (Oh ya BTW the project needs a name.) Until i get some feedback...

Last edited: 17 Mar 2004
  2. Meatloaf

Meatloaf What's a Dremel?

Nice i Love the way this case looks. If you dont mind whered you get it at. I liek the ideas you have for this . Goodluck :thumb:

3. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

what ur planing sounds good, but are u doing any real involved mods or just "bolt on mods" happy dremeling :dremel: may i sugjest(spelling) windows o all three sides :idea:

4. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

make it look perty :rock:

5. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Project name, huh? What color, whats the general idea of the case modding you're going to be doing? Just a quick "I want it to be flames, I want bl00, I want it to be a clean case," etc etc. I might be able to give you something creative.

6. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

As i said before there are going to be other mods that aren't just "bolt-on". Im cutting a window in the side and mabey the top. (theres no point in a side window cuz u would only see the mobo tray.) Im also sleveing EVERY cable in the case (including the atx connector) and adding a psu window, 4" cathodes inside the psu and an led fan to the psu. Now onto the Sunbeam Rheobus, i am planning to rip it out of its stock bezel and cut my own but change where the leds are. (i will most likely backlight the knobs with the them.) Then in one of the floppy bezels i will instal a Rheostat for the Cpu, 2 Buttons for volume up and volume down and 2 switches for my green and blue cold cathodes (not rocker switches). Then about .5"-.75" below the floppy bezel I will cut a hole for the LCD (because there is a 1/3" acrylic sheet over the front of the case i will cut the hole only in the steel part of the case and the thin piece of sheet metal not the acylic so its kinda like i little window for the LCD). Then Below the LCD there will be 6 holes drilled all the way though for leds. They will be controled by the LCD's 6 GPOs and do a number of differnt things like flash when i have e-mail and such. Then case handles and a 80mm blowhole on the top of the case. The window will have 2 80mm blow holes with UV led fans (green uv body and blue uv blades). I will also have to redo the entire front intake because front airflol in this case is supposed to suck. There will be 2 80mm rear exaust fans, 2 80mm side intake fans, 1 80mm top exaust fan and one front intake fan (most likely a 120mm fan) Then if i start making more money i will instal a water cooling kit :brrr: . As i had said i my last post "the list goes on and on" and its true. I hope this info helps. :D

@Providence-The project has no name so it needs one. Everything will be black (sleveing, heatshrink, switches, molex conectors, atx conectors, etc) and there will be blue and green cold cathodes and fans.
    @Meatloaf- i got the case (no PSU) from newegg and its $40+$15 (for shipping)and i have the link here: AMS gMONO
    @ocedamd@3000+-Cant have windows on all sides cuz of the stupid mobo tray. I wish

Last edited: 24 Jan 2004
  8. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

what about project: monGo? swap around the letters in gMono. just a thought.

9. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

project bolt?
    since its got six fat ones

10. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

ya mabey but those bolts r gonna die cuz i think they look tacky.
    @instant Rice - I live around cleveland also, but in geauga county.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2004
  11. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Ok so we had a snow day today and i went to a couple of computer stores and came back with great deals. First i went over to Compusa to look at video cards because my Ati sucks and i found this....
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Its a BFG nVIDIA FX 5700 Ultra and it was $150 with a...
    [​IMG]
    for Free ($80 mail in rebate). This mouse has 2100 dpi and is the fastest, most accurate mouse available. Heres a link to its specs.

Then i went over to Office Max and got a...
    [​IMG]
    Western Digital 160gb 8mb cache hard drive for $80 bucks. Thats 50 cents a gig! :D

Then when i got home i had to clean out my computer junk and i come across an busted PSU so i open it up (CAPACITERS DISCHARGED!!!) and what did i find...
    [​IMG]
    AN EVIL DELTA 92mm Fan so i wired it up and pluged it in. This fan is ultra silent and moves alot of air. I think i have found my front intake fan :D .
    P.S. I know i have an ugly chair.

So today was a good day for deals and when i went to Office Max i saw their new ad and they have a Western Digital 80gb hard drive for $20 bucks (with some rebates)! :jawdrop: :rock: You didn't hear this from me ;) . So that drive will most likey become a music drive.

Well thats about all for now.

-=EDIT - Auto cad drawing coming soon=-

Last edited: 8 Feb 2004
  12. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Well i really wanted you guys to see the guidelines for this mod so I worked hard to get the Auto Cad Drawings for you guys and they are ready. (Sorry the pics are so big but the need to be that size so i can show you everything.

First we have the front. The Purple lines and text are only to show what goes where: (note - only part of the front is shown. more will come later.)
    [​IMG]
    I think the pic explains itself.

Now for the side. Again, Purple Shows what gose where.:
    [​IMG]

And Now for the top:
    [​IMG]

Ok I promised the Cad drawings and there they are. Thanks for all the feed back! Next i will most likely showcase my PSU mods.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2004
  13. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

what does everyone think of my ideas?

14. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

Blimey you got some bargins! $20 for an 80gb drive?! :naughty:

The designs look nice, maybe you could do them in sketchup so we can see in 3D?

15. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

should of used bigger fans :) and don't like the mouse but other than that its nice :thumb:

16. Providence

All black...Fade2Black would be tooooo easy :hehe:

Green/Blue Cold Cathodes and LED Fans...hmmm

The gears are turning. Can't say I like the current choice...gmono or whatever. I'll post some ideas later.

17. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

I had that mouse. Stupid thing sucked so bad... =/ GL with it.

18. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Ya i have been told that the previous versions of the mouse (by a company called Razor) did suck but BFG has compleatly redone the mouse. I dont know... My Mouse still hasnt got here yet.
    @lord nicon21 - How big should the fans be. This thing is allready gonna SUPER loud. and the mouse was free so i got it.
    @dirtbiker - Im working on a sketchup drawing. I should have it done soon. And yes we in Ohio do get some great Bargins! :D
    @Providence - ya so whats wrong with a black case, sleveing and green/blue cold cathodes and led fans? And what do you mean by "fade to black"? i understand what fade2black means but where could i use that color scheem(spelling).

19. Providence

I'm not saying anything bad against it, at all, :lol:

Talking out loud is more like what I was doing.

If you called it Fade2Black, its like a play on words.

The colors, blue and green, they FADE into one another. 2 as in Green and Blue, 2 colors. Black b/c your case is black. It's too easy, kind of a cop out on the name front, so I'm trying to think of another name for your project

20. quitchat

quitchat What's a Dremel?

Are you serious?
    That's a big bargain :jawdrop: