1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Opinions on my Acrylic Case Plan?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by comprocket, 27 Jan 2004.

1. comprocket

comprocket What's a Dremel?

Hi. I have been sketching out plans for an acrylic case for months now, and then I saw Linear's plan, and it was exactly what I had imagined I wanted. So i went ahead and modified it a little, and came up with a similar but different plan. Please give me your opinions, comments, good, or bad!

Also, I would like to attempt a water cooling system with this, but cannot see where I would place it. Do you have any opinion or plan?

Is this too much like linear's? Should I hit the drawing table again?

These were all done with Sketchup 3.1 If you would like the file, feel free to email me! comprocket@yahoo.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I think it looks pretty sweet, roll with it.

3. RaptorRed

RaptorRed What's a Dremel?

does look good for water cooling have rad at back next to i/o ports res above cdrom and pump mounted below psu also you could have the psu naked and the rad/fan at front blowing across psu then out at back shouldnt effect psu as they are designed to get air from the cpu cooler anyway well... unless you have a leak anyway. looks cool keep going.
    I am struggeling to fit 2*phase change coolers into my own case design without it being a skyscraper or useable as a desk!

Raptor out.

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I think it looks really cool!
    If u do want watercooling, have the Rad in the gap behind the drives/psu, like a bay res., make it outta acrylic and it'll look well sweet!
    not sure on where you could put the pump without making it look too bad... you good do the chrome thing like on g-nome's orac.. thats nice :D

5. abreev8

abreev8 What's a Dremel?

I would suggest puting the mobo on top and the drives on the bottom if you have long enough cables. Show off your hardware.

6. comprocket

good call! I am just not to sure how big a res should be for water cooling tho...But I was considering putting the mobo on top, then the drives, then the res below them. It would save some space that way!

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Good idea,

---mobo
    ---res
    ---drives

you might even get away with putting a pump on the same layer as the res.

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

for a system like that You could probably get away without a res, the bigger the more water the longer it takes for it to raise to its maximum temp.

9. RaptorRed

res doesnt need to be that big you can get ones designed to fit in a 5.25" drive bay and they are not as long as a cdrive! also if possible you should have the res at the highest point in the system to ease the collection of air and filling/bleeding the system which i safterall what there main purpose is! They are not a required component you can use a T piece to bleed fill but is more difficult + you have less of a thermal sink with lower amounts of water.
    hope all that helps

10. comprocket

Could I do:

Motherboard

How big is the average pump? Any where I could fit it in this design?

11. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

there is no average pump, and what you get really depends owhat your requirements are, My via 1300 is about 3X4X3 without mounting bracket and inlet outlet. Also you plan on having some fans in that case, just noticed it was a fanless design

12. RaptorRed

My proposal in all its ghetto glory:
    [​IMG]

13. comprocket

ok. after much consideration, i think this is what I will be going with. This includes a 2nd CD Drive in place of a res for now, since I am not sure i can get the cash to replace a computer if water ever leaks. But if i decide to go that route later, I can because i left enough space on the PSU side!

Sorry about the size for you 56kers'...
    [​IMG]

14. xrain

xrain Minimodder

here heres a pump/ resivor combo here! and it coud fit right above the mobo and im sure you could find a spot for a radiator
    hope this helps
    -
    -xrain-