1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster im worthless, can u guys cheer me up? bad mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ubernewber, 24 Jan 2004.

1. ubernewber

ubernewber What's a Dremel?

well im kinda new here but i always been modding, so i got daring and decided to do a hard drive mod......i used every precaustion, i even had a hazmat suit,so impressed about it, it was a 120gb maxtor. i also have pics. so i dont have money for a new hd, im such a idiot why did i decide to mod it, im so down right now.....im a failure at everything...school, women, and now computers, the only thing i thought i was good at, turns out i suck i should go kill myself or something :(

2. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

[​IMG] :thumb: "click click burn"

3. ubernewber

ubernewber What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

yup
    i get the good ol click click click

at least it looks good on my desk

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

No idea what your going on about.

5. Malvolio

Malvolio .

He's "going on about" how the drive nolonger works after spending all that time and money on what is otherwise, a very nice looking mod. You've got skills, don't let this one setback bring you down! Take a look at my apple (in my sig) if you need some cheering up ;)

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

ahh right now I get you, you could turn it into a clock for your desk, that'll look alright :thumb:

7. ajack

ajack rox

Got to admit, it does look very nice - good skills there, just sorry it didnt all work out. There's always a big risk modding a hdd but you wouldnt get anywhere if you didnt take risks its just unfortunate it foobared. Dont let it get you down, just next time try it out on something less expensive :)

8. whits_house

whits_house Banned

Yeah thats one of the best HDD's window mods ive seen its a shame it dont work but if you ask me doing that to a 120gig ouch m8 i wouldent do that to a working 40gig you have skills m8 just hope this lil set back dont stop you from modding :thumb: keir is right you could make use out of it still by using it as a mirro or clock of sumthing window mods on HDD are a funny tihng and ive done one ive noticed it slows down the HDD alot think its sumthing to do with the amount of air getting in the HDD box its self as when the plater spins it pushes around air which lifts the nedles up a lil bit so it can work properly HDD companys should soon start making hard drives pre modded like the window cases ect dont give up m8 i did some stuff like that just keep on trying and u will get a mint rig as u got skills and i got no look with women either lmao :D

9. ajack

ajack rox

I like punctuation too :D

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Ouch... Too bad. Oh well, that is sure to make one of the coolest pieces of uslessness to have around the house ;) (Trust me, I have a lot of old broken junk lying around) Love the mod, but its too bad it didnt work. Dont feal bad, disasters such as this happen to everyone! I mean, look at the guy who split his Radeon 9700 Pro GPU! Its okay. Ruining a hard drive isnt that big a deal! I hope this makes you feal at least somewhat better, but dont even THINK about killing yourself! Too much a waste of good talent!

11. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

The mod looks very nice its a big shame it did not work hey :'( :waah: :waah: next time try it on a old 1GB or smaller HDD even 5GB :) older the hardware is the better or less expensive it is :)

12. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

Personally, i think the dude who invented the 'hard drive window mod' in the first place should be shot.
    Talk about the blind leading the blind.... :D

13. whits_house

whits_house Banned

i no but the HDD did look good when that dude did it and this guy tryed it with 120gig i no of the first windows mod was on a old 10gig on a website and that only worked for a few hours before going wrong and ive tryed it with a old 1.7gig and that kind of worked but it dident look as gud as that 120gig this is a mod i wouldent be doing agen but once you tryed sumthing you can always say you have done it. I have the same 120gig HDD in my PC the Maxtor one and i bet that would of looked mint when it was spining :brrr: and here is sumthing to cheer you up m8 my old server we destroyed it :D Click Here :clap:

14. Mr. Red

Mr. Red Minimodder

:sigh: DOH! I feel for both you guys.

I fried my powersupply last night and I have been cussin myself ever since. :wallbash: I was in a rush and didnt take the time to carefully hook everythin up. Nothing like feelin proud of a finished mod and then havin it backfire! :waah:

ubernewber- These guys arent blowin smoke, it does look good. You got the skills, so dont give up.

15. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

Yeh for gods sake dont give up - the pc modding community is a fantastic experience at the moment, and a great place to learn stuff. All i was sayin is dont mod hard drives anymore - in fact, no-one mod hard drives anymore. Its jus dumb - too much room for error plus we'll all eventually get tired of people sayin 'i broke it open and its gone wrong'. The reason these things are so hard to get into is cos yr not sposed to.
    Dont let this failure get u down - just accept that u were following some pretty feeble minded instructions.
    Pick yrself up and try something else.
    And bsides, wave that windowed beauty around at school and youll find yr geek princess eventually.
    Good Luck. :thumb:

16. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

I believe mashie destroyed two harddrives doing the same thing, 2 40 gig drives i think... (i dont really care if im wrong, dont point it out, i just know he destroyed two :p) on his millenium bug mod... and hes a world known modder, so i wouldnt kick yourself. It looks as if you need the central support of the top of the hdd case to stop it from dying.

17. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

thats one expensive clock :hehe:

anyways yeah i dont touch my hd at all, that is one thing i would never mod(Destroyed several cdrws). but dont feel too bad, whats his name that made the bug computer tried that with 2 120 gig hds and fubared them both. an old saying comes to mind.......cant make an omlet with out, you know the rest

JEEVES

edit: oops should of read all the post, it was 2 120s :p

18. fg0d

fg0d Banned

lol, buddy, add an led and use it as a paper weight. Nice mod. :rock:

19. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Don't you have to leave a support for the hub that supports the platters?

L J

20. tok3n

tok3n What's a Dremel?

Don't let one disaster get you down. Keep going man! Remember, took that first step to try the mod. Most of us don't even have the balls to do it.