1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding white uv additive?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bo.v, 4 Feb 2004.

1. bo.v

bo.v What's a Dremel?

I want my watercooling to glow milky white with UV-leds ... does anyone know of an additive to use? bleach?

2. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

no dont use bleech. it will react with the copper. and othe metals in the system. in effect yolu will corrode your system to death.

and in the right conditions bleech will produce clorine gas. i cant remember what it reacts with to do this(theres a warning on the bottle)

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I've been looking for the same thing but haven't found anything as of yet. :sigh:

4. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Water mixed with a little milk may work. If you mix in enough milk with the water it turns whiteish. :thumb:

5. modmaster

modmaster What's a Dremel?

what about mixing water with flower, i know that this could clog but if you only used a small ammount then i am sure it would be fine. Also if you use a white poster paint, you know the solid poster paints, then these should work. ill keep looking for you and ill reply if i find anything.

(arr just had an idea, do you have a UV light in your case becasue if you do u can buy white GEL pens, the GEL reacts with the uv light so it should glow bright :D )

6. bo.v

bo.v What's a Dremel?

I dont have the guts to try milk or flour, I would prefer something a bit less organic :)

And yes, UV is the hole point of this ... Ideally it would be a clear liquid, with HD activity leds being UV the water would blink solid white ...

will see if I can find a white gel pen and experiment with ... any other tips?

7. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Use, translucent white tubing.

8. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

i don't recommend milk, unless you're prepared to scoop some yogurt out of your gpu block.

9. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

bleach with ammonia = mustard gas? mild mind you...
    anyways as far as uv, best to try to find a place that sells dyes ( like a crafts store, clothing dyeing) the way color safe bleach works; is thats is not a bleach at all but a detergent with Uv dye that makes everything a tinge bluer wich in turn looks brighter under sunlight ( get a black light and look at detergent) Anyways There are compounds but I dont think any would be very transluecent and its always going to be a "Cool white" so it will be a shade blue

10. bo.v

bo.v What's a Dremel?

its for a tank-o-matic acrylic type that is mounted partially on the outside ... no tubing will be visible ...

11. bo.v

bo.v What's a Dremel?

thanks, sounds like a good idea, will have to investigate that ...

12. Bmw M3

Bmw M3 What's a Dremel?

maybe waterbased UV poster paint