1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mx700

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ocha, 20 Feb 2004.

1. ocha

ocha Minimodder

Ok I am thinking of buying a new mouse. At the moment I have the wired Optical intelimouse. I have had it for about 3 years and its a bit tired but will works fine. Now I was thinking of going over to the logitech side of it with the cordless mx700. Any good, I know you have to charge it and wondered how long it holds a charge for. Also does it charge with the machine off?

Whats it like in general use. how does it feel to use. Just basic questions really.

Thanks guys

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

i havent got the mx700, but the wired version of it (mx500) and as a mouse its the best ive ever used sofar, far superior to an ms rubbish imo...but then again things like mice are quite personal...some people dont like the look/size/feel/controls of the logitechs, whereas i find it strange using anything but a logitech...

technically though, the mouse is brilliant, taking something silly like 3gs to get the mouse cursour to jump...i gave up :p

3. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

Don't BS get the new wired version of the MX 510 its same price as the 500 just more dpi and looks 3x cooler. :thumb:

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

The MX700 is the daddy of the cordless range (not counting the MX900 which is way expensive)

The charger is powered from the mains so it will charge without the machine being on.

I dont know how long it holds its charge, because I always put it back into its charging cradle after I finish using it. I have used the mouse for a whole day and it wasn't even down to 80% after that...

Just buy it you won't be dissapointed, trust me.

5. ocha

ocha Minimodder

I may well do soon. Though not just yet I think, its £48 from aria excvluding p+p!

6. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Mx700 is a class mouse. When i got mine i went from a corded MS intelimouse and the 700 felt really heavy but i soon got used to it. If youre going to use the PS2 ports though i would reccomend using that ps2 rate program to up the refresh rate of the port itself. I think the default is 60Hz and you can get it up to 100 in device manager(in win2k) or 200 with this utility. IIRC the max i got the mouse to was ~150Hz which is about the same as USB, substantiating their claim that even though its cordless it performs the same as a corded model.

7. ocha

ocha Minimodder

this all sounds wicked. Now to earn some dough to buy it.

8. jonv

jonv What's a Dremel?

The batteries will last about 6-7days if u forget 2 recharge it or something.
    But like the poster above said its a mains powered charger so u can just charge it whenever u like without computer being on.

9. Tribal Dragon

Tribal Dragon Insomniac modder!

I bought it a month ago and I just can't use a wired mouse now :D

first: they are way too light :D

second: their wires always bothers me

for a month I charge it like once a week on the charger and never emptied the batteries so far..

personnaly I haven't use a better mouse than this one. it even has a better refresh rate than my old tech A4 mouse :D

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I is the equal to my old MS Explorer v3 in every way, and then its cordless too :D

11. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

I personally own 1 of all the MX series and I can tell you the 500/510 is probably the best for your money.

12. J3mZ

J3mZ What's a Dremel?

Yep, the mx500 (never heard of 510 up until now) is best for your money. But if you despise wired mice, get the mx700. Ive had mine for around 3 months and its very good quality! Ive left mine off the charger for over 5 days, and it still said the battery level was good (it says good on a full charge) You can also use the mouse for a full day, and it will be charged in around 30 minutes. Its very accurate, both for genreal desktop work, and gaming.

It is a little on the heavy side, but you do get used to it after a few days or so :thumb:

13. Clockworks999

Clockworks999 What's a Dremel?

MX700 = the best mouse in the world!

It is as accurate as any wired mouse - way better than the MS wireless mice. It will last for at least a week on one charge.

I tried a wireless MS explorer as a replacement for the wired version. The lag was so bad for gaming I took it back. The MX700 has no lag at all.

The MX900 is nearly as good, but battery life is far worse (mine won't "sleep" while the PC is powered up), and it takes a few seconds to connect when the PC boots.

If you want wireless, get an MX700....

Cheers

14. Necrosis

Necrosis What's a Dremel?

I used to have the MX700..a few things I would recommend.

1. New batteries..the ones that come with the mouse aren't very high quality.

2. Teflon tape...the front feet on the mouse wear done after some time.

15. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

1. the standard batts have been fine for me.
    2. Yeah, the front left one and middle one by the sensor (when upsidedown) wear out quite quickly.

16. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

My MX700 is fantastic... I had to buy one for work too... I could no longer stand a normal optical mouse.

I charge mine when it get's low... I get about a week and a half out of a full charge.

Best mouse ever!